Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 08:21 AM

32 posts, read 45,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
I do a lot of my grocery shopping in flushing and I order everything else online. I find cost of living in Western Queens to be really expensive. It becomes difficult to support local business when they charge such a huge mark up due to their rent cost.
I agree, I also do most of my shopping in Flushing and at the Stop and Shop on Northern Blvd. You would think the restaurants would be slightly cheaper in LIC but they are just as expensive as eating out in Manhattan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 08:23 AM

1,271 posts, read 3,232,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLotteryGurl View Post
Ironic. You'd think it be the reverse that the waterfront is more expensive cause of all the stores on Vernon Blvd. Either way, LIC is expensive no matter how you spin it unless you live at the 59th street projects. Those tenants have the best rent rates ever.....even though their neighbors are not the best.
The waterfront is more expensive. It's about a $200/month premium to be on the waterfront in LIC compared to the Court Square area (and of course apartments with views will have much larger premiums).

Old 05-26-2015, 08:26 AM

457 posts, read 737,086 times
Agreed. That's why I thought it was funny the person before me mentioned moving to the waterfront because it's cheaper. I thought that was odd.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:43 AM

32 posts, read 45,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLotteryGurl View Post
Agreed. That's why I thought it was funny the person before me mentioned moving to the waterfront because it's cheaper. I thought that was odd.
Well for me it's cheaper, but that's because of Hunter's Point South. Market rate though I'd say the waterfront and Queensboro are pretty damn close in price...at least for studios.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:56 AM

457 posts, read 737,086 times
Homer, thank you for clarifying. I didn't know you won an apartment through a housing lottery. That makes sense now. Are you low or middle income at Hunters Point and was your current landlord sad to see you go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City