Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 12:00 PM

4,769 posts, read 6,558,555 times

Advertisements

Pequenome, this is what it says in the Marketing Guidelines concerning your question. I think you're okay because your name will appear on only one application:

Developer must disqualify those applicants for whom multiple copies of an
application are received.

A "multiple" or "duplicate" application is defined as the appearance of any single
applicant across two or more applications for any given project, whether or not the
same household members are present.

If you have time and are curious about the process, here's the link to the whole document:

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...guidelines.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,535 times
I'm currently waiting for a call back for an apartment in Brooklyn. My log # was in the 300's. I applied in October, and got a call back in March for an interview, I submitted all of my documents then. The building was not done being built so I just submitted my remaining documents earlier this month (I was told they needed additional tax return forms and school letters (child) and was notified last week that my file was sent to the city for "final approval". I was also invited to view a two bedroom unit AND a one bedroom unit (i was eligible for both) and decide which one I wanted.

My anxiety is thru the roof its just a waiting game now. At this point the developer/management company's job is done and so is yours. I was told by the agent that my chances are high, but you never really know until you sign your lease and get the keys in hand! Prayers up! I hope this helps anyone with questions about the latter part of the process.

Old 05-23-2016, 07:02 PM

377 posts, read 509,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlemGirlBred View Post
I'm currently waiting for a call back for an apartment in Brooklyn. My log # was in the 300's. I applied in October, and got a call back in March for an interview, I submitted all of my documents then. The building was not done being built so I just submitted my remaining documents earlier this month (I was told they needed additional tax return forms and school letters (child) and was notified last week that my file was sent to the city for "final approval". I was also invited to view a two bedroom unit AND a one bedroom unit (i was eligible for both) and decide which one I wanted.

My anxiety is thru the roof its just a waiting game now. At this point the developer/management company's job is done and so is yours. I was told by the agent that my chances are high, but you never really know until you sign your lease and get the keys in hand! Prayers up! I hope this helps anyone with questions about the latter part of the process.
Wow, you are almost there if your application is at the final approval step. If you have been shown apartments you have almost certainly been approved. Congrats to you... stay positive...prayers up!

Old 05-23-2016, 11:15 PM

7 posts, read 11,341 times
If your income increases between the time that HPD accepts your application and before the closing of the home, does HPD care?

Old 05-24-2016, 02:50 AM

13 posts, read 21,083 times
I have a question as well. Someone is applying for an appartament as a single person. He gets the appaartament and moves in. Can he, after few weeks or months, add someone to this appartament/have someone to move in with him? I mean, for example, he gets married and wants his wife to move in. Do they allow adding people to the apartament once you got the appartament? (although you have applied as a single person)

Old 05-24-2016, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azetab View Post
If your income increases between the time that HPD accepts your application and before the closing of the home, does HPD care?
Under normal circumstances, once you're approved by HPD, you can move in. However, if the building isn't ready, you may not be given a lease to sign. If there is much of a delay, your documents will go out of date, and you might have to submit new pay stubs, etc. If those pay stubs show that you no longer qualify for the apartment, you're out.

Documents can't be older than 120 days, or something like that. I'm sorry I can't remember precisely.

Bottom line is that the apartment isn't yours until you have the key in your hand and you're opening up the front door. Before that, things can still go wrong. That's partly what makes the experience so stressful.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:26 PM

9 posts, read 17,923 times
The management office submitted all of my paper work today to HPD for one of the Brooklyn apartments. We have been submitting paperwork after paperwork since February. The building is officially ready for move in the next move in date is June 30th. My question is how long does it take for HPD to let me know if we were approved? Is it a good sign that the management office sent our paperwork to HPD? Has anyone had HPD approve them within days? We are really anxious to know as we want to give our current landlord at least a 30 days notice if this actually pulls through. Any input would really help. Thanks ya'll

Old 05-31-2016, 12:42 PM

HPD approval usually takes a week if everything is in order.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:02 PM

189 posts, read 287,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Under normal circumstances, once you're approved by HPD, you can move in. However, if the building isn't ready, you may not be given a lease to sign. If there is much of a delay, your documents will go out of date, and you might have to submit new pay stubs, etc. If those pay stubs show that you no longer qualify for the apartment, you're out.

Documents can't be older than 120 days, or something like that. I'm sorry I can't remember precisely.

Bottom line is that the apartment isn't yours until you have the key in your hand and you're opening up the front door. Before that, things can still go wrong. That's partly what makes the experience so stressful.

How do you know about the 120 days? Is that written somewhere?

Old 01-04-2017, 07:59 PM

If you google Marketing Guidelines HDC, there is a PDF that you can download, and it should be in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City