Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 11:03 AM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
You are so off base it's not even funny. Yes you can gather your stuff before the train stops but proper procedure is to WAIT until the train comes to a full stop before getting and/or moving towards the door.

Every once in a while you get a nervous nellie who's either old or a tourist and decides it's a good idea to get up from their seat in a crowded train in between stops. Everyone around her rightly keeps holding on and doesn't clear a path and you see the confusion set in.

Only amateurs get up before the train has stopped, you just don't do **** like that
Good!..😄...I agree with what you are saying 100 % I can see we're on the same page...🔰...🔰.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
So then the dimwits/royalty who arrive at the exit door a half minute late should NOT expect the City of New York to wait for their exit before entering. No, God Bless The Queen will not be playing at exit,

If they are so frail then perhaps they should be dealing with Access-a-Ride rather than being a pain in the ass on a subway.

It is so simple: If you cannot ride the subway, DO NOT ride the subway. It really isn't all that complicated.

Here's how it works:
Your Stop...get up and get out.
You cannot do it fast?
Then be prepared to have others come in first.

Easy Peasy.
You must be out to lunch,..😴😴😴 and believe me I am very capable of riding the subway, that's why those fool's
We're not keeping me from missing my stop they were animal's I'm sure if you ride public transportation,this will
Soon happen to you...😂😂😂. Then you'll get the flavor...Welcome to new York...🗽

Old 06-11-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
So then the dimwits/royalty who arrive at the exit door a half minute late should NOT expect the City of New York to wait for their exit before entering. No, God Bless The Queen will not be playing at exit,

If they are so frail then perhaps they should be dealing with Access-a-Ride rather than being a pain in the ass on a subway.

It is so simple: If you cannot ride the subway, DO NOT ride the subway. It really isn't all that complicated.

Here's how it works:
Your Stop...get up and get out.
You cannot do it fast?
Then be prepared to have others come in first.

Easy Peasy.
You keep your directions, for your self and see how far you'll go with them, like I said soon this will happen to you with or
Without bags.and to set the record straight.what happen in the subway,was no big deal to me. I just wanted to share
My lady spread moment...😄😄😄..And how I dealt with it.Besides I did a pretty good job😉😉😉. That 's New York
For you...🗽🗽...And I am proud to be a true New Yorker...😉😄

Old 06-11-2015, 02:06 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
ok. here's a cookie for everybody.

/thread

Old 06-11-2015, 07:00 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
No, I girl-spread.

That's when you put your shopping bags on the adjacent seat.

That's "shebagging" according to twitter. Though personally I feel you really need the extra touch of having your little dog in a bag on the seat on the other side of you.

Old 06-11-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
ok. here's a cookie for everybody.

/thread
Yes I'll take one, thank you...😑

Old 06-11-2015, 07:38 PM

593 posts, read 470,724 times
One time in the 1990's there was a guy manspreading across 3 seats, and I was tired and in a bad mood from standing all day at work. I sat in the seat to his left that he was consuming and proceeded to push my leg into his as hard as I could until our legs were both perpendicular to the seat. We both spent the next half hour pushing each other's legs and not saying a word to each other. I recall being surprised that he felt that he was in the right.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttereagle View Post
One time in the 1990's there was a guy manspreading across 3 seats, and I was tired and in a bad mood from standing all day at work. I sat in the seat to his left that he was consuming and proceeded to push my leg into his as hard as I could until our legs were both perpendicular to the seat. We both spent the next half hour pushing each other's legs and not saying a word to each other. I recall being surprised that he felt that he was in the right.
Maybe he was getting a cheep thrill,...😮...😮...😮???

Old 06-12-2015, 12:44 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanniebaby7 View Post
Yes I'll take one, thank you...😑
you go way.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:54 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,332,943 times
It's not only manspreading, but also a back pack getting its own seat, lunch on a seat, etc and women can be just as guilty of it. It's totally rude behavior, and when I use to ride the subway I'd go out of my way to sit next to these idiots just to irk them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: