Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 12:12 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,886,510 times

Advertisements

NEW YORK (WABC) --
Police are searching for a gunman after a shooting in East Harlem Wednesday afternoon left four people wounded, one critically.

The shooting happened at Madison Avenue and 132nd Street. The victims, three men and one woman, were taken to Harlem Hospital.

A 25-year-old man was shot in the head and a 17-year-old man was shot in the chest, while a 43-year-old man and a woman in her 20's were grazed.

One of the victims is in critical condition.

Sources say the shooting began at the Lincoln Houses, a city run housing complex and spilled over to a deli across the street.

One of the victims was shot inside the deli.

The 17-year-old was shot in the courtyard of the Lincoln Houses. One witness heard shots, ran to the complex and found a man lying on the sidewalk bleeding from the chest.

He called 911, was told how to render aid, took off the man's shirt and applied chest compressions.

"I was talking to him, I did talk to him, I was like 'get up, stay focused, just try to stay up,'" said another witness, Awilda Ortiz. "And then I was trying to ask his name but his eyes kept going back."

No weapon was recovered but numerous shell casings were found at the scene.

There have been no arrests, but the shooting was caught on surveillance video and police are reviewing footage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 11:07 PM

Teen killed, two hurt in triple shooting at Harlem housing complex: NYPD

HARLEM, Manhattan– A teenager was killed and two others were injured in a triple shooting at a Harlem housing complex Monday night, police say.
The incident happened at the Polo Ground Houses, located at 2931 Frederick Douglass Blvd. just after 10:45 p.m. Monday, police say. The shootings occurred as Rucker Park, steps away from the housing complex, kicked off its annual Entertainer Basketball Classic, a tournament that occasionally attracts NBA talent throughout the summer.
The first victim, Jordan Barber, was shot in the neck and was pronounced dead at Harlem Hospital. The second victim, a 19-year-old man, was shot in the thigh, but he is listed in stable condition, cops say. The last victim, a 17-year-old boy, walked into Lincoln Medical Center with a gunshot wound to the abdomen in stable condition, police say.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:51 AM

Man, 21, dies after he's shot in the head in the Bronx with daughter in his arms: cops

The last thing he saw was his wide-eyed baby girl still cradled in his tattooed arms, clutching her to his chest after a fatal bullet tore through his head.
Blood splattered onto little Taylor, a precious 1-year-old who escaped unharmed. But her father, 21-year-old Allen McQueen, was killed in the afternoon gunfire on a Bronx street.
The killer sped off in a Mercedes-Benz after the shooting, police said. It happened at 1:23p.m. Tuesday in Parkchester on Taylor Ave., a street eerily bearing the baby’s name. Taylor is also the name of a violent street gang — the Taylor Crew — that police say McQueen ran with in the Bronx.

“(McQueen) was on his back, and when he fell he twirled and fell on top of her,” she said. “I picked him up, and I picked up the baby. She was covered in blood.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...=NYDN+Facebook

Old 07-09-2015, 09:20 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
Summer is like the playoffs for you crime fanboys huh?

Old 07-11-2015, 12:36 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,562,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
There have actually been a dozen shootings in Harlem broadly speaking in the course of the last week.
My friends that live in Harlem have been sharing news feed of it and I've been reading about these shootings myself. It's definitely been an interesting year for Harlem.

Old 07-11-2015, 01:05 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
My friends that live in Harlem have been sharing news feed of it and I've been reading about these shootings myself. It's definitely been an interesting year for Harlem.
Currently, there are two or three shootings basically every day.

Some hit the stats as assaults.

Old 07-11-2015, 01:18 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Currently, there are two or three shootings basically every day.

Some hit the stats as assaults.
I wonder if Harlem will have a worse summer than Brownsville or ENY.

Old 07-11-2015, 02:48 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
I wonder if Harlem will have a worse summer than Brownsville or ENY.

Didn't someone already say - yes ...?

Thought I read that somewhere.

It is worse than makes the media. This is probably deliberate.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:02 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
The city has a serious gang problem! Too much young black men with no fathers and no family structure man. Lets be real.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-12-2015, 08:11 PM

19,042 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
The city has a serious gang problem! Too much young black men with no fathers and no family structure man. Lets be real.
You are real. It sucks that most people would scream racism though any time someone says this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: