Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2015, 05:51 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,924,567 times

Advertisements

Why are people responding to this ?

I don't understand. Am I missing something ?

Many people would hate living here. Who cares ? Should we all live in New Hampshire ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 06:18 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,617 times
NYC is the best city for anyone that has an extreme case of ADHD on a weekend bender or looking for drugs 24/7 not that I would suggest you try lol.. its an amazing city you can do anything you want 24 hours a day basically the only other city that operates that way is Vegas.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:30 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Why are people responding to this ?

I don't understand. Am I missing something ?

Many people would hate living here. Who cares ? Should we all live in New Hampshire ?
Because it is easy enough.

Maybe your missing pride?

When they actually live hear then they can hate it. We can't all live in New Hampshire. And even if we could, it wouldn't make economic sense to.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:33 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,520,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
As if you'd know. You ain't nothing but a hater. Jealously is a poor trait. You'd never be able to make it here with that mentality. Stick to your subpar city. Better off.
What is your definition of "making it"?. Not dying? By my own definition.. 90% of the people who live in NYC can't make it there.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:42 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,520,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Let's leave it to the tourists to judge then. They come to visit NYC for weeks, and maybe if time allows they'll take a day trip to DC. But if you ask me DC and every other city in this country are weekend cities, with NYC needing at least a week just to skim the surface. When there is large quantity, there is more to choose from, whether better quality or more affordable. Law of large numbers.
So basically you're saying for the 500th time that NYC has more QUANTITY than other cities. Yeah.. I know. I get it.

NYC has 50 times the amount of urine stained subway stations as DC. The quantity is there. NYC has 70 times the STD's of Philly. I'm sure NYC has 200 times the giant rats of Miami. The QUANTITY is there.

There are probably more rats in NYC than there are people in entire states. The QUANTITY is there. I get. I get it.

And as a reminder.. I actually like NYC. But the fact that this thread is upsetting people is just proof that there is a lot of truth to it.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:54 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
And as a reminder.. I actually like NYC. But the fact that this thread is upsetting people is just proof that there is a lot of truth to it.
The fact that you started a thread to argue about something you feel is overrated is telling in and of itself.

Normally when people feel something is overrated, they ignore said thing and move on. The only person you're upsetting is yourself.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:03 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
So basically you're saying for the 500th time that NYC has more QUANTITY than other cities. Yeah.. I know. I get it.

NYC has 50 times the amount of urine stained subway stations as DC. The quantity is there. NYC has 70 times the STD's of Philly. I'm sure NYC has 200 times the giant rats of Miami. The QUANTITY is there.

There are probably more rats in NYC than there are people in entire states. The QUANTITY is there. I get. I get it.

What you don't get is that this quantity is what made NYC grow faster than other cities. Why its economy is so much more vital to this nations ecomony than any other city. High quantities of diversity feeds our city. It creates demand. Also by havings 70x the STDs means there will be at least 70x the amount of people that would want a cure for STDs...200x more reason to eradicate rats....so one and so on. Creating a demand for research and inovation, which creates jobs.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:12 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptowner10 View Post
I wouldn't say "sexy" is the ideal adjective here, but really, no city in the world has a skyline like New York. By comparison, think of Moscow, Beijing, Mumbai, etc.
Hong Kong, Rio and Sydney are 3 that come to mind that are comparable in their own way, and these are just ones that I've been to.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:16 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,911,437 times
NYC is the best place in the whole universe, better then even heaven itself, and if you disagree you are wrong.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:19 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
NYC is the best place in the whole universe, better then even heaven itself, and if you disagree you are wrong.
The Upper East Side is like heaven if you can afford it especially around Park Av and 5th ave near Central Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City