Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2016, 11:32 AM

377 posts, read 509,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1995 View Post
Hi, I want you guys to help me make a decision. My log number is in the 250s and I dont have CB preference. I just turn 20 and I'm looking to move into the building with my mom, dad and little brother. Right now, I have a opportunity for a promotion at my job that will give me a salary for 70k, which means I would get disqualified for the housing. My parent don't make any income, and they are not in great shape. I'm the only one making money to support the family. Therefore, i'm working full time while going to college. Money is really tight in the family, therefore the housing will help a lot. Do you guys think I should wait for the housing or should I just take the promotion and move forward?
I would definitely taking the housing option and explain your housing situation to your employer. Be honest and ask for some time until you are moved in. You might even offer to take on added responsibilities at your current salary until you move in. Best of wishes on both counts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 02:16 PM

48 posts, read 33,061 times
I agree, a good housing situation at this time is of utmost importance. But first, please pray and ask the Holy Spirit to direct you. He will reveal to you what path to take and how to proceed. It WILL work out in your favor.
We should be hearing something soon, one way or another. Things really look like they are moving quickly. I cannot wait to see what the apartments actually look like so whoever gets called to see one, please tell us all about it. Good luck everyone.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:34 PM

48 posts, read 33,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X1995 View Post
Hi, I want you guys to help me make a decision. My log number is in the 250s and I dont have CB preference. I just turn 20 and I'm looking to move into the building with my mom, dad and little brother. Right now, I have a opportunity for a promotion at my job that will give me a salary for 70k, which means I would get disqualified for the housing. My parent don't make any income, and they are not in great shape. I'm the only one making money to support the family. Therefore, i'm working full time while going to college. Money is really tight in the family, therefore the housing will help a lot. Do you guys think I should wait for the housing or should I just take the promotion and move forward?
Also, I want to congratulate you on such a good opportunity to come your way at such a young age. This may mean that you've made a good impression and someone appreciates you and might be be willing to work with you while this housing situation plays itself out. Maybe you could offer to accept the job at your current salary while you're "in training " with your "training" lasting as long Asia takes to get a definite answer from the lottery.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:54 PM

83 posts, read 71,042 times
I agree, she's so young to accomplish getting such a great promotion like that, she shouldn't have to choose between succeeding in her career and getting an apartment that could support her family. She should definitely accept the promotion but ask if she could start getting her new salary in August maybe.

I feel like June is going to be our month ladies. I feel they are going to start calling us at the beginning or middle of June.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:41 PM

4 posts, read 2,621 times
Is log number 250 a high number or low number? Espically if i dont have CB preference, is it worth waiting?

Old 05-15-2016, 03:45 PM

And, thank you guys for all the feedback. It's a him by the way. The company is willing to wait till I make my decision in June. And, I won't start until July. Do you guys think the process would be done by then?

Old 05-15-2016, 04:15 PM

83 posts, read 71,042 times
The process will be done by July as long as they keep moving fast. And yes u have a very low log number, lots of people have been disqualified already. My log number is also in the 250s. I think u will get the apartment.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:17 AM

151 posts, read 246,471 times
I'm actually in a similar situation where I postponed my raise. It's been a year now. But this apartment is so worth for me. I'd put a hold on the promotion. We are near the finish line so another month or 2 is not that far away.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:31 AM

4,774 posts, read 6,571,114 times
X1995, congrats on the low log number! When you applied, did you apply as a household of four: your parents, yourself, and your younger brother?

Also, I'm going to send you a direct message now. Please look for it.

Last edited by macnyc2003; 05-16-2016 at 07:54 AM..

Old 05-16-2016, 08:03 AM

I apply as a household for 4 people. And, it seems like a lot of people are looking for 2-3 bedrooms and there is not a lot available. Thats the reason why I wonder if its worth waiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City