Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 06:53 AM

37,126 posts, read 39,337,475 times

Advertisements

I remember going to the Poe cottage in the Bronx and they mentioned him taking his long walks through farms and wilderness to town via the High Bridge and this image:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 06:55 AM

37,126 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Are you kidding? It's actually an awesome bridge that easily connects the Bronx and Manhattan. Excellent for walking, running, biking or simply taking in some nice views of the Hudson and the rest of Manhattan. The bridge itself is actually quite nice.
That post was from five years ago. Poster was being a crank, and the best thing is that reality and the passage of time has shown the reopening was a good decision.

Wait until someone revives a Citibike thread from before it was deployed. That bikeshare system was supposed to herald the end of the world.

Old 05-23-2020, 08:33 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Like it or hate it the following is only my opinion:
Give Credit to the great laborers of the past. They Are most deserving. R.I.P.

Old 05-23-2020, 08:37 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I remember going to the Poe cottage in the Bronx and they mentioned him taking his long walks through farms and wilderness to town via the High Bridge and this image:
Like it or hate it the following is only my opinion:
Edgar Allen Poe,without doubt one of the greatest poets of all time.
If only to sit down with him for a cup of tea and try to figure out what made him tick.......................

Old 05-24-2020, 08:35 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,636,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post

Oh yes! Every time I walk on the High Bridge, I always imagine walking with Edgar Allen Poe, as corny as that may sound.

Old 05-25-2020, 05:14 AM

2,077 posts, read 1,122,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Oh yes! Every time I walk on the High Bridge, I always imagine walking with Edgar Allen Poe, as corny as that may sound.
I have it worse than you.

Every time I walk with Edgar Allen Poe, I imagine we are walking on the High Bridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City