Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 10:40 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticwolf View Post
With reference to conservative parts of the south, are you talking about public or under the table dating?
In general which means both. Interracial relationships and marriage are higher out West and in the South compared to the Northeast and Midwest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 10:54 AM

562 posts, read 464,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I told you, it's just for laughs. But I do find black American women to be very difficult to deal with. It's probably has to so with being of a different culture, growing up Catholic and not Protestant and being racially different mixed that is with European, but being very Latin or middle eastern looking. Lots of black women do not view me as a black person.
I think it depends more on the person's environment.

Last edited by Cara_319; 11-14-2015 at 11:13 AM..

Old 11-14-2015, 11:02 AM

The girl in the below video is African American and she doesn't appear to be ghetto. She seems very much like any other All American girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFOAZmp4ECQ

I have however noticed that the all American black girls usually date white guys. In the video below, she states that her preference is blue eyed Caucasian guys. It really does seem to be all about the person's environment and not the skin color. When blacks grow up in an All American middle/upper income area, they are just like all of the other All American middle/upper income children, irrespective of skin color.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKxgxaeCi0A

Last edited by Cara_319; 11-14-2015 at 11:13 AM..

Old 11-14-2015, 11:24 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
I think it depends more on the person's environment.
Very true as well. Environment is also key. If one was brought up and raised in a suburb and exposed to monoculture and a mostly white background. A good chance they would prefer white and nothing wrong with that. Also these folks share same culture and similar upbringing.

Old 11-14-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Very true as well. Environment is also key. If one was brought up and raised in a suburb and exposed to monoculture and a mostly white background. A good chance they would prefer white and nothing wrong with that. Also these folks share same culture and similar upbringing.
Exactly, that's why it's so important to include one's overall culture in these discussions. Every black person doesn't grow up in the inner city.

A black woman who is from the suburbs will more often than not be interested in dating interracial, whereas, black girls who are raised in the inner city, tend to be more drawn to dating the guys who are from a similar background.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:53 PM

14 posts, read 18,077 times
" I have however noticed that all American black girls normally date white guys." That may be your observation based on experience, but I've found that many college educated all American black girls will choose to date a black male first, especially if they were in a black sorority while at college. Nothing inherently wrong with that I might add. In addiition, there are black males who are college educated and share similar values to the so described all American black girls.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:58 PM

14 posts, read 18,077 times
Quote:
Exactly, that's why it's so important to include one's overall culture in these discussions. Every black person doesn't grow up in the inner city.

A black woman who is from the suburbs will more often than not be interested in dating interracial, whereas, black girls who are raised in the inner city, tend to be more drawn to dating the guys who are from a similar background.
As a coda to my other reply, I will concur that the chances of a white male dating a hood rat are akin to a black female dating an ignorant redneck. That much is logical.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:48 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticwolf View Post
As a coda to my other reply, I will concur that the chances of a white male dating a hood rat are akin to a black female dating an ignorant redneck. That much is logical.
This is not true. In NYC low income Blacks often don't live around poor whites, but there are certainly places where they do. And yes there are indeed white men who hook up with hood rats (low income white men) and there are black women with rednecks.

I've seen this across the South, upstate NYC, and parts of the West.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:51 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,469,326 times
In the South I have seen a lot of rednecks marry black women, many blacks in the South are country as well. Inter racial dating is huge in the South especially around Atlanta and in Florida. I do not that much about NY and dating I have family in Brooklyn but they date only their same religion.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:56 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:

You're making major assumptions and stereotypes about Blacks. You are aware that you don't speak for all Blacks or all Black women.

Lastly there are segregated ghetto suburbs like Compton, CA, Mt. Vernon, NY, and Newark, NJ.

Or alternatively there are Blacks who grew up in neighborhoods that are mostly non Black and middle class and above in inner cities.

Inner city does not equal poor. Midtown East and the Upper East Side are inner city. But poor? No. Nor are they predominately Black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City