Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 03:40 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
A black woman who is from the suburbs will more often than not be interested in dating interracial, whereas, black girls who are raised in the inner city, tend to be more drawn to dating the guys who are from a similar background.
Truly senseless statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 03:41 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,538,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I told you, it's just for laughs. But I do find black American women to be very difficult to deal with. It's probably has to so with being of a different culture, growing up Catholic and not Protestant and being racially different mixed that is with European, but being very Latin or middle eastern looking. Lots of black women do not view me as a black person.

Well not only are you NOT black, but I don't even get the impression that you identify AS black.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You mean but 81% of all Blacks marry other Blacks. So in a big city like NYC, 19% is a fairly LARGE number...................

So it has nothing to do with your culture or Black women not considering you Black. It's something else.

And clearly enough of it is happening for you to see those posts of it on newyork.craigslist.org

I think in NYC intermarriage between blacks and non blacks is much lower than the 20%. The number is highest on the West Coast.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:44 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,469,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
I think in NYC intermarriage between blacks and non blacks is much lower than the 20%. The number is highest on the West Coast.
Its huge in the South believe it or not

Old 11-14-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS013 View Post
. I think many Black American women associate lighter skinned Black men as less masculine, !

In fact black men are often portrayed as hypo masculine, with the darker Caucasian men (Mediterranean, and Middle Eastern) also seen as more masculine than their lighter northern European equivalent.

I have noted that in most countries where there are blacks the security around top politicians are disproportionately dark skinned black men. Similarly in NYC black men are more likely to be hired as security guards than are Hispanic men.

In fact dark skinned black women are also seen as LESS feminine. This is part of the reason why blacks (both males and females) generate fear among many non blacks.

For some reason this doesn't apply to Asian Indians, who are seen as being quite meek.

Men of any group tend to be darker than the females. You might note that there are more light skinned black females than black males. There are more milky white females than males.

So it isn't just black Americans. It seems to be humans.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
The girl in the below video is African American and she doesn't appear to be ghetto. She seems very much like any other All American girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFOAZmp4ECQ

I have however noticed that the all American black girls usually date white guys. In the video below, she states that her preference is blue eyed Caucasian guys. It really does seem to be all about the person's environment and not the skin color. When blacks grow up in an All American middle/upper income area, they are just like all of the other All American middle/upper income children, irrespective of skin color.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKxgxaeCi0A

An unscientific conclusion instigated by your own biases no doubt. The girl shown above is no different from many of the black professional females who I know. Most of these females will not go out of their way to chose a white man, though may not rule it out, should an outstanding one show up, or if they cannot find a compatible black mate.

Yes indeed there are blacks of both genders, who are more comfortable around whites, but that isn't the norm.

Old 11-14-2015, 04:56 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
In fact black men are often portrayed as hypo masculine, with the darker Caucasian men (Mediterranean, and Middle Eastern) also seen as more masculine than their lighter northern European equivalent.

I have noted that in most countries where there are blacks the security around top politicians are disproportionately dark skinned black men. Similarly in NYC black men are more likely to be hired as security guards than are Hispanic men.

In fact dark skinned black women are also seen as LESS feminine. This is part of the reason why blacks (both males and females) generate fear among many non blacks.

For some reason this doesn't apply to Asian Indians, who are seen as being quite meek.

Men of any group tend to be darker than the females. You might note that there are more light skinned black females than black males. There are more milky white females than males.

So it isn't just black Americans. It seems to be humans.
Considering the numbers of Blacks that have been killed by racialized violence I do not think that whites fear Blacks at all. There has been hatred, but do not mistake hatred for FEAR.

Go to the village and one will see many Black drag queens. Black men are no more masculine than any other group of men.

As for there being more light skinned Black females than males, I don't think so. Ditto for milky white females to white males.

Lastly a number of men marry women darker than them, even interracially. I have seen white men with Hispanic women, Indian women, Black women, or Asian women. I have seen lighter skinned Hispanic or Black men with darker women too.

I think you have your own biases.

Old 11-14-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
I have not been able to find stats specific to NYC or the NYC area.

Old 11-14-2015, 05:31 PM

562 posts, read 464,321 times
Quote:
An unscientific conclusion instigated by your own biases no doubt. The girl shown above is no different from many of the black professional females who I know. Most of these females will not go out of their way to chose a white man, though may not rule it out, should an outstanding one show up, or if they cannot find a compatible black mate.

Yes indeed there are blacks of both genders, who are more comfortable around whites, but that isn't the norm.
I posted the video because it is in keeping with what I have personally observed, especially among the all American black girls. If they grow up in a middle/upper income all American environment, chances are, they will be looking for the all American guy, like any other girl from that environment and more often than not, the guy will be white.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I posted the video because it is in keeping with what I have personally observed, especially among the all American black girls. If they grow up in a middle/upper income all American environment, chances are, they will be looking for the all American guy, like any other girl from that environment and more often than not, the guy will be white.
What you personally observe is not scientific or official.

In fact the terms you use are utterly ridiculous and you made them there. There is no such thing as an All American Black Girl.

Sometimes people use all American to mean white, but there is no such thing as an All American White Guy either.

Again you are not the spokesperson for all Black women.

There's no actual proof that educated Blacks are more likely or less likely and unless you can provide stats on this you need to be quiet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City