Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 07:43 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,470,242 times

Advertisements

Is it just me or is Persian women really hot and same with Armenian women, would they be considered white in the dating world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 07:43 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
I saw a picture of Mariahs dad once, he was a dark skinned man.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:46 PM

193 posts, read 282,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Y
I usually see Puerto Rican women with black men. I rarely come across Puerto Rican men with Black women. I have came across plenty of Puerto Rican men with Italian or Irish women.
That's weird because I know a lot of people with Black mothers and Puerto Rican fathers, including the friend I mentioned earlier. However most of them the mother is darker than the father, unlike my friend. But in general, it is more common to see Black men and Puerto Rican women than the other way around, but it's not uncommon. I can think of at least 5 people I grew up with personally who have a Black mother and a Puerto Rican father, not including a lot of the kids I work with. Maybe I'm just in an abnormal circle lol

Old 07-08-2015, 07:50 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Is it just me or is Persian women really hot and same with Armenian women, would they be considered white in the dating world?
I'm not sure if you know the history of that part of the world. War, resources and sex are things that go together. Places like Iran, Armenia, the Stans and Caucuses have some really hot women. I had to check out the history of the area. Once you have Persian expansion, than Greek expansion of Alexander the Great. Muslim/Arab Expansion after the death of Prophet Mohammed, nomadic Turkic expansion, Mongol Expansion of Genghis Khan and then Russian expansion under the Czar and later Soviet Union. You really get a nice mix of people due to invading soldiers porking these local women. Anything associated with the Middle East is classified as white under the census in this country.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:14 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS013 View Post
That's weird because I know a lot of people with Black mothers and Puerto Rican fathers, including the friend I mentioned earlier. However most of them the mother is darker than the father, unlike my friend. But in general, it is more common to see Black men and Puerto Rican women than the other way around, but it's not uncommon. I can think of at least 5 people I grew up with personally who have a Black mother and a Puerto Rican father, not including a lot of the kids I work with. Maybe I'm just in an abnormal circle lol
It could be so the things you see aren't necessarily the whole picture.

It's why people use statistics.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
It is very possible. I a little over 1/3 African in my blood, and about the rest is half European equally divided by the British Isles and Iberian Peninsula. The other rest is small traces Asian Indian and Native American or Amerindian via a tribe called Wapishana. But again I'm not African American, but Guyanese American. I remember the time I was last with a black woman in her bedroom. I told her lets make some lightskin babies. She got upset, she put on her blue jeans, white belt, Pair of Air Jordan sneakers, leather jacket, grabbed her Michael Kors bag and she said I gotta go to my baby fathers and pick up my son. I never saw her again!
It's funny that from your posts you complain about Black women being too picky and not liking you because you're either not "hood enough" or too light for the hood chicks or not professional enough for the educated Black women crowd. I get where you're coming from and as a Black woman, I guess I'm more of an outlier and don't have issues dating men like you, but most of my friends have many of the hang ups you say that Black women have. It's stupid in my opinion, as interestingly enough, I tend to get approached more by lighter skinned/mixed raced/Hispanic men than brown or darker skinned Black men. That could be because as I mentioned, many Black men, especially darker skinned ones are color struck as hell and go after anything lighter than them just because, but I'll save my thoughts on that for another time.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:12 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,353,923 times
Dating and marrying a person of another race seems pretty common now. I'm actually very surprised at the original post. I know more black women married to men of other races or ethnicities than the other way around.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:43 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
Dating and marrying a person of another race seems pretty common now. I'm actually very surprised at the original post. I know more black women married to men of other races or ethnicities than the other way around.
15% of Blacks are married to non Blacks and other groups have high rates of intermarriage as well.

Old 07-09-2015, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
I don't know why but I LOVE seeing Black women dating/marrying outside of their race more than anyone else. Maybe because there's so much press about how "undesirable" we are. It's funny and maybe I'm biased because I am a Black woman, but a lot of men from other races who date and are married to Black women say how awesome we are and appreciate many of the traits that Black men complain about us having.

Old 07-09-2015, 07:25 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Come to think of it. I briefly dated a woman that is half Puerto Rican and half black. The mother is African American of South Carolina heritage and the father is Puerto Rican. both parents have the same color.

Quote:
It's funny that from your posts you complain about Black women being too picky and not liking you because you're either not "hood enough" or too light for the hood chicks or not professional enough for the educated Black women crowd. I get where you're coming from and as a Black woman, I guess I'm more of an outlier and don't have issues dating men like you, but most of my friends have many of the hang ups you say that Black women have. It's stupid in my opinion, as interestingly enough, I tend to get approached more by lighter skinned/mixed raced/Hispanic men than brown or darker skinned Black men. That could be because as I mentioned, many Black men, especially darker skinned ones are color struck as hell and go after anything lighter than them just because, but I'll save my thoughts on that for another time.
Its not that they are too picky, but they just don't take a leap of faith and choose something along their own standards or what they know or accustomed too. Their is nothing wrong with that, and I'm for whatever makes people happy. Me personally I find black women the hardest to deal with due to suffering from internal issues that stems from social or cultural upbringing, or societal gains of empowerment. Nothing wrong with that if people are wired or programmed like that. I'm very light skinned or fair skinned myself, I usually come off as Hispanic/Latino, Mediterranean, North African/Middle Eastern and or Indian. I only get approached by black women when I'm outside of NYC or country. As for me, only for a black woman to sit on my lap is at the strip club! Btw I find black women to be very hot and attractive regardless of shades of color or regional origin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City