Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 08:09 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,924,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I think he was maybe trying for Polak.
If you mean R.J., I like his work sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 07:59 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
If you mean R.J., I like his work sometimes.
I meant as a derogation of a man from Warsaw.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:39 AM

117 posts, read 137,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Republic of Michigan View Post
7.2 square miles are not a lost cause (Downtown and Midtown):
77 new restaurants in the last two years,
9 billion dollars in new investments since 2006,
41 new retail establishments,
9% rental occupancy rates in Downtown,
98% rental occupancy rates in Midtown.

It's a good start. More work needs to be done but as we Detroiters say: Detroit vs. Everybody! (It's amazing the amount of hatred and ill will people have for this American city.)

If you visit, maybe we will give you the honor of lighting the Christmas tree downtown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNsvuhrejo8

Or better yet, when you visit we will throw a huge fireworks display for your arrival. But you can run over to Windsor and watch it if you are too scared to be in the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6R42I2trAA
im dying to invest in Detroit like some of my fellow New Yorkers, but I am only 25, doing a masters in college, and is now starting a career. I do real estate but my money is short, so hopefully when I get some good payments with saving, I can cash in. Just hoping I do this fast, and not finally catch up at the last minute.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:53 PM

321 posts, read 419,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Republic of Michigan View Post
Great trail. I run it regularly.

Old 08-01-2015, 05:25 AM

1,739 posts, read 2,566,942 times
The Detroit I grew up in has average police response time of 58 minutes IF they even bother showing up. Can't really see the prissy Starbucks crowd there. Most of them talk smack but have never touched ground in Detroit. As a native Detroiter that irritates me. Visit the city before making assumptions. You will find it far different than what you read about in the papers, most of which is hype and nonsense.

Old 08-01-2015, 01:17 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,141,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
The Detroit I grew up in has average police response time of 58 minutes IF they even bother showing up. Can't really see the prissy Starbucks crowd there. Most of them talk smack but have never touched ground in Detroit. As a native Detroiter that irritates me. Visit the city before making assumptions. You will find it far different than what you read about in the papers, most of which is hype and nonsense.
I've already seen them at this location off of Woodward in Midtown.

http://www.starbuckseverywhere.net/i.../DSCN14686.jpg

Old 11-15-2015, 10:40 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,446,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
People will pay thousand for art SHOWN IN GALLERIES. This is an important qualifier.

Yes, I am very aware of "outsider art." It does not actually exist given that any sort of "outside" is nonexistent.
Someone has to believe in that art to get it shown in galleries in the first place. But I understand what you're saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City