Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2015, 05:55 PM

3 posts, read 2,518 times

Advertisements

I will be renting out a 4 bedroom in Queens, NY.
The 2nd floor has a kitchen, living room, two bedrooms. Third floor has two bedrooms.
We do not have air conditioning, which is fine. Heating as well as water are included in our rent, but we are responsible for electricity and cooking gas.
I know the cost of cooking gas is usually miniscule, but I was wondering what we should expect to pay for electricity. There are 4 girls, and our largest appliance will be the fridge. None of us have desktop computers, but we do have laptops as well as our phones that will need a charge.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 07:43 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aburns1 View Post
I will be renting out a 4 bedroom in Queens, NY.
The 2nd floor has a kitchen, living room, two bedrooms. Third floor has two bedrooms.
We do not have air conditioning, which is fine. Heating as well as water are included in our rent, but we are responsible for electricity and cooking gas.
I know the cost of cooking gas is usually miniscule, but I was wondering what we should expect to pay for electricity. There are 4 girls, and our largest appliance will be the fridge. None of us have desktop computers, but we do have laptops as well as our phones that will need a charge.
Thanks!
Figure $50 each per month

Old 08-02-2015, 07:47 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Figure $50 each per month
I agree that it makes sense for each person to budget that amount per month, although I suspect the electricity charges might actually be lower if you don't have a/c and you're not using many other appliances.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:55 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:

Heating as well as water are included in our rent, but we are responsible for
electricity
As Marlon Brando said: "THE HORROR!"

But actually not so bad. It's electrical HEATING in Winter that is the real killer.

You really will want to add some AC's and you should plan a pre-rata charge for any bedroom that has one perhaps and extra $10 or $15 per month (on a 12 month basis) for each individual AC.

Yeah, $200 a month should be more than enough.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:53 PM

415 posts, read 514,406 times
$232.67
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City