Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 06:53 PM

40 posts, read 86,843 times

Advertisements

Yes, happy newyear! I saw some pics as well! I love the large windows and the kitchen ��! #stillhopeful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 08:20 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,565,677 times
I passed by this building today, and it looks as if the lobby is finished and open for business. I thought I saw a doorman on duty. There was a large piece of graffiti art, which seemed to me an unfortunate aesthetic choice, but the rest of the lobby seemed very nice, lots of seating.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:28 AM

72 posts, read 116,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
I passed by this building today, and it looks as if the lobby is finished and open for business. I thought I saw a doorman on duty. There was a large piece of graffiti art, which seemed to me an unfortunate aesthetic choice, but the rest of the lobby seemed very nice, lots of seating.
Thanks for the update! I am really hoping to get a call for this place. I wonder if people have moved in. Housing connect is doing updates and now we can't even see the log numbers and info for past applications. Last time I checked it said they were still making tenant selections

Old 02-18-2016, 08:32 AM

I go past it on the bus, and I really can't see the upper stories, so I can't tell if there are any lights on. Sorry!

Old 04-03-2016, 03:57 PM

Has anyone gone to an interview?

Old 04-07-2016, 10:59 AM

Sad news for me today...........Apparently even if your child support is sporadic and unreliable amounts (my god it's not even a lot-$17.00 per week and can't even get that half of the time!), they still count it as income :-(. Based on that, I ended up being over the income limit by $375.00! I was really hoping to get this apartment. I was a little upset with the process of this interview because they could've told me that sooner. They took my money for the credit check and had me write a dragged out 8 page (I included screenshots) explanation of a few cash and check deposits in my bank account only to tell me I make too much money. It took me 2 days to put that statement together!....sorry just need to vent my frustration. Being a single mom is hard enough but getting denied for an apartment because of almost non existent support is even more frustrating............ok done ranting, The good news is that means there is still hope for one or more of you! They only have one bedrooms left. Good luck everyone!

Old 04-07-2016, 11:24 AM

Wow, that is really sad! You have my condolences!

Old 04-07-2016, 12:12 PM

By the way, anyone who is in a similar situation: Giving them the child support court order may not be enough. You may have to provide a copy of all the deposits (I gave them a year worth) and they will base your income on that. They will count it as your projected income even if you don't receive it regularly or for the same amounts. I believe this has to be requested and it will be sent by snail mail, so it might be a good idea to have it ready in case they call you for an interview.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:04 PM

2 posts, read 1,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryraven View Post
Sad news for me today...........Apparently even if your child support is sporadic and unreliable amounts (my god it's not even a lot-$17.00 per week and can't even get that half of the time!), they still count it as income :-(. Based on that, I ended up being over the income limit by $375.00! I was really hoping to get this apartment. I was a little upset with the process of this interview because they could've told me that sooner. They took my money for the credit check and had me write a dragged out 8 page (I included screenshots) explanation of a few cash and check deposits in my bank account only to tell me I make too much money. It took me 2 days to put that statement together!....sorry just need to vent my frustration. Being a single mom is hard enough but getting denied for an apartment because of almost non existent support is even more frustrating............ok done ranting, The good news is that means there is still hope for one or more of you! They only have one bedrooms left. Good luck everyone!

Ivory,

I just want to say that your optimism is beyond inspiring. I am truly sorry for your disappointment, especially since you were so close. But never give up and always stay hopeful. That is something that no one can ever take away from you. I myself am waiting to hear back from my interview for this building.
I am a community board (CB) applicant and they told me that others CB applicants that qualify by the deadline and have a lower Log # than mine will be considered first. I haven't heard from them in 3 weeks now. So technically I am waiting for someone NOT to qualify so that I have a chance? On the surface it sounds horrible but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't want (need) to move into the building. With that said, the only thing that any of us can do is LEARN from these experence (s) and continue to put our best foot forward in the future. Maybe you can appeal the determination. Wishing you the best and good luck!

Old 04-13-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyal View Post
Ivory,

I just want to say that your optimism is beyond inspiring. I am truly sorry for your disappointment, especially since you were so close. But never give up and always stay hopeful. That is something that no one can ever take away from you. I myself am waiting to hear back from my interview for this building.
I am a community board (CB) applicant and they told me that others CB applicants that qualify by the deadline and have a lower Log # than mine will be considered first. I haven't heard from them in 3 weeks now. So technically I am waiting for someone NOT to qualify so that I have a chance? On the surface it sounds horrible but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't want (need) to move into the building. With that said, the only thing that any of us can do is LEARN from these experence (s) and continue to put our best foot forward in the future. Maybe you can appeal the determination. Wishing you the best and good luck!
Thank you so much for your kind words Kiyal! It sounds like you have a very good chance of obtaining an apartment in this building. If you have waited 3 weeks, it probably means they are just waiting for approval from the city, which means they will probably call you soon! The waiting part is the hardest, I wish you the best of luck and please keep us updated, I love to hear good news!....Speaking of good news, my hope of obtaining an apartment has been renewed! There are now new income limits for 2016 which increased by around $2,000.00. I saw a new posting in housing connect today and I qualify! While it may not be a desired location for me, I know it means a lot more opportunities will come with the new income limits. I've gained a lot of experience with this last interview and I'm looking forward to applying to new postings :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: