Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2015, 11:37 AM

102 posts, read 184,563 times

Advertisements

Is anyone is a undergraduate or graduate for this school? Is Financial Aid covering the tuition and fees? the semester cost is so high... I would like to get some insight from people who are attending or already attended that school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 02:16 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,377,553 times
This should be in the education section

I am not but here are some rules.

1. Anything that is private will be high usage of tuition
2. Out of state students are more expensive
3. Out of burro students also have an high price ( however not sure on that rule anymore ).
4. SUNY schools are more expensive vs CUNY schools.

My advice is that if your going to go to an private ( private owned business school and credits might not transfer over ) school you must and I repeat you must be sure you exiting with an job.

The idea of going away to college via these loan schools is not only to get the college experience but be able to hold down a job of some sort. It does not matter if the level is Community, BA, Masters, or graduate ( 3.50 in most cases AKA B average ) you need to realize this.

If your going to go private then you should take out an loan. Do not go for the financial aide.

If I could start college all over again I would take out an whopper loan and go to the lame private ( privately own/ is not an real college and is for money purpose ) college, technical school and SCREW ALL THE EXTRA EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS. States schools are for state standards. You can go to an privately own trade school for being an lawyer, or accounting and still get the same job in various cases.

You do not want to be remedial or taking excess courses that fills state requirements. You just want to study your major and exit with your masters looking for a job in your field.

Keep in mind if you go to an CUNY school you want the financial aid only if your sure your not going to have an problems. By law they stop funding some courses.

What you have to understand is that the state standard over takes you in government funded facilities. So be aware if you have an job that is private and about showing your work, even if you have a more powerful BS or Doctrines. They will choose the city/state standard over private for government positions.

The bad thing about private colleges if you go to an SUNY/CUNY they might not take your credits. Even out of state college standards might be different and you have to retake the credit.

Old 08-05-2015, 05:38 AM

102 posts, read 184,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
This should be in the education section

I am not but here are some rules.

1. Anything that is private will be high usage of tuition
2. Out of state students are more expensive
3. Out of burro students also have an high price ( however not sure on that rule anymore ).
4. SUNY schools are more expensive vs CUNY schools.

My advice is that if your going to go to an private ( private owned business school and credits might not transfer over ) school you must and I repeat you must be sure you exiting with an job.

The idea of going away to college via these loan schools is not only to get the college experience but be able to hold down a job of some sort. It does not matter if the level is Community, BA, Masters, or graduate ( 3.50 in most cases AKA B average ) you need to realize this.

If your going to go private then you should take out an loan. Do not go for the financial aide.

If I could start college all over again I would take out an whopper loan and go to the lame private ( privately own/ is not an real college and is for money purpose ) college, technical school and SCREW ALL THE EXTRA EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS. States schools are for state standards. You can go to an privately own trade school for being an lawyer, or accounting and still get the same job in various cases.

You do not want to be remedial or taking excess courses that fills state requirements. You just want to study your major and exit with your masters looking for a job in your field.

Keep in mind if you go to an CUNY school you want the financial aid only if your sure your not going to have an problems. By law they stop funding some courses.

What you have to understand is that the state standard over takes you in government funded facilities. So be aware if you have an job that is private and about showing your work, even if you have a more powerful BS or Doctrines. They will choose the city/state standard over private for government positions.

The bad thing about private colleges if you go to an SUNY/CUNY they might not take your credits. Even out of state college standards might be different and you have to retake the credit.

Thank you so much for your explanations...
I live in Upstate (Syracuse). And I do not like Community college in my city. Although there are plenty of colleges around me like Oswego, Cortland or Cayuga... But Since your replay makes sense to me I would forget the NYC interior design.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City