Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 10:42 AM

78 posts, read 168,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
With the income adjustment, that is a risk that is still taken - new building or not. If you really don't want to see weed or other crap in your building, you'll have to cough up the 3K+ a month for the good apartments. Sorry, but it's the truth. There are people in these housing "lotteries" that will only be paying 500 bucks a month for a one bedroom.
I really don't think its about money but rather management. I've had the opportunity to live in a brand new affordable building and management has done a great job in getting rid of those who don't comply with building policy. They are not stupid, they want to keep their tenants. There are luxury buildings where you are paying and a leg for a closet studio. In any case this is a great opportunity for many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 09:50 AM

56 posts, read 109,237 times
City Tower is now open for leasing. I wonder when they will start calling for City Point Tower 1.

Source---> Live High Above Brooklyn in the Brand-New City Tower

Old 10-20-2015, 09:58 PM

15 posts, read 26,645 times
I received a log number of 10k which seems pretty high but you never know. I had a log of 43k for Hunters Point South and I was actually called. Unfortunately, our total household income had gone down as I stopped working to go to grad school. By then I was told all of the lower priced middle income apartments in my new bracket had been leased so I am now on the mysterious "waiting list" fingers crossed to have the opportunity to get into either of these two buildings.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:20 PM

33 posts, read 73,055 times
Those pictures are for the market rate tower not the affordable one, but anyways I got a high log number in the 70ks with a CB2 preference how is that possible? Also this project was suppose to have 100%AMI which means singles making $40-65k. Then all the sudden they swap it out for the higher income brackets. This city is unbelievable!

Old 10-21-2015, 09:28 AM

6,689 posts, read 6,035,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upscalepat View Post
Those pictures are for the market rate tower not the affordable one, but anyways I got a high log number in the 70ks with a CB2 preference how is that possible? Also this project was suppose to have 100%AMI which means singles making $40-65k. Then all the sudden they swap it out for the higher income brackets. This city is unbelievable!

How do you know they swapped it out for the higher income brackets? I'm curious, since I've applied for the development myself.

BTW, My number at Hunters Point was 23xx and I got called but gave up my place on line because I found the studios too small.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:30 AM

22 posts, read 77,831 times
Yeah, it amaze me how this affordable lottery software system works. Or better say, how log numbers are assigned.
I'm pretty sure I'm not getting a call for this one (log #70k), but I will continue to hope for the next ones. Unless you are in a preferred category, chances are....1 in a 10k.

Old 10-22-2015, 11:25 AM

78 posts, read 168,735 times
I received a 30k log number with municipal preference. Still hoping. There are so many people applying for the Manhattan and Brooklyn lotteries its really difficult to get a great log #.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:02 AM

33 posts, read 73,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
How do you know they swapped it out for the higher income brackets? I'm curious, since I've applied for the development myself.

BTW, My number at Hunters Point was 23xx and I got called but gave up my place on line because I found the studios too small.
Here's the link from from last year which shows that city point would have 100%AMI http://assets.downtownbrooklyn.com/d...esentation.pdf
This project was originally only suppose to have 150 affordable units but as soon the city came to the property owners they requested to add 50 more unit and they completely abandoned my bracket, ultimately screwing the units towards more expensive units. This is the new link with all the affordable housing coming to downtown bk
https://pacc.publishpath.com/Website..._June_2015.pdf.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:51 PM

357 posts, read 656,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunn240 View Post
I'm in the low 5000's with municipal employee preference
Get your paperwork ready...you have a good chance of being called.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:52 PM

357 posts, read 656,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityscapenyc View Post
I received a 30k log number with municipal preference. Still hoping. There are so many people applying for the Manhattan and Brooklyn lotteries its really difficult to get a great log #.
I helped my co-worker put in an application after she heard about my luck with HPS. Her log # is in the 70k range with municipal preference.

I am hoping you get called though...I know you were applying to HPS too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery