Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 09:17 PM

33 posts, read 78,638 times

Advertisements

Yeah and congrats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 08:52 PM

8 posts, read 20,221 times
Thanks pequenome! I'm so excited!!!

Old 05-17-2016, 01:43 PM

8 posts, read 19,436 times
We had an interview last week. We had to turn in one piece of paperwork post interview and have had a hard time getting confirmation that they received it. I really hope that our application doesn't get lost in the shuffle. So nervous!

Old 05-18-2016, 12:20 PM

8 posts, read 20,221 times
Good luck Brooklynmbs1106! Fingers crossed for you!

Old 05-25-2016, 12:07 PM

How long did it take people to hear once they had an interview? They said 2-4 weeks but also that they are supposed to be done with the project by July 1. Does that mean leases starting by July 1 or just all leases signed by July 1? If they wanted to have leases with a July 1 start then we would need to find out soon so as to be able to give notice in our current apartment.

In addition we have a very high log number (CB preference) so I'm also worried that even though we got an interview that we will end up on some elusive wait list.

It's such a great opportunity it's hard not to over analyze every aspect. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 05-27-2016, 09:17 AM

11 posts, read 29,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pequenome View Post
My log number is 12,XXX and I never got a call or anything for an interview yet your number is higher than mine and you did? Can someone school me on how this process works. When I applied, I made sure I was within the household and income size and I am a City employee. What am I missing? Thanks for any help.
I was interviewed in Jan for 7 dekalb, but after the lottery closed September29, I didn't hear anything for months. My log # was in the low 200s with mobility impairment and I was in the same community board. I didn't hear anything and 3+ month's went by and then at that point I decided to write to Winn residential and make sure that they were aware that I hadn't received an email or letter in the mail to come in for an interview. Bc I was using a voucher to pay for some of the rent (thy do ask in the APPLICATION if you have a section 8 voucher or other type of voucher)I wanted to make sure my application wasn't overlooked. I heard back frm them quickly(2wks & thy asked me to come interview). At the interview thy told me thy were just starting to interview ppl and mobility ppl go 1st(I saw the other ppl coming in that day/there log # , and tht seré all mobility impaired, abt 5 other ppl with log #s under 6k. But at this point I think most apartments have been given away. It can't hurt to call Winn residential(if u get a voice mail I spent even leave a message due to ppl leaving lots of messages, it's best to write them(address is on the form tht lists the prices/original advertisement that u can download on NYC housing connect in the city point towers section. Sometimes ppl back out or are called for another lottery arnd the same time and end up taking a different development, or move bc of there job, so it cnt hurt to try, but do it quickly and see if they respond. Make sure to include your log #, city employee info, & income info.

Old 05-29-2016, 05:09 AM

33 posts, read 78,638 times
Thank you for this info

Old 05-31-2016, 08:43 PM

Our interview was on May 9 and they were still doing community board interviews. You would think they would have moved on to city employee ones by now but it's so hard to tell. Hope you get called!

Old 06-02-2016, 11:26 AM

9 posts, read 51,515 times
From what I understand from one of the affordable lottery Q&A sessions:

5% of units set aside for mobility-impaired applicants
2% of units set aside for applicants with visual or hearing impairments
-These apartments are set aside and will be filled by log #. If there are more apartments than people who applied for the lottery, these apartments will stay empty until they are filled.

Preference for a percentage of units goes to:
Residents of Brooklyn CB 2 (50%)
Municipal employees (5%)
-These apartments will be filled by log numbers.
If there are more apartments (% applied) than people who applied for the lottery with these preferences, the housing company can apply with HDC (or one of the other housing departments, I can't remember exactly) to open it up for regular lottery.
If there are more people who applied for the lottery with these preferences than there are apartments (% applied), after the 50% and 5% of units are filled, the people who didn't get selected from this batch will be put back into the regular lottery batch for another chance to get selected based on log #.

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Old 06-08-2016, 03:19 PM

9 posts, read 51,515 times
Took exactly 6 weeks after my interview. Found out on Monday that I got the apt! Signing my lease on Friday.

(Log # 39XXX CB preference)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery