Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 04:16 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,816,116 times

Advertisements

While the mayor's allies have steadfastly defended his record, de Blasio's sudden losing streak has taken a toll, sending his poll numbers plunging.
"He should be very worried," said Kenneth Sherrill, professor emeritus of political science at Hunter College. "He's in some trouble and you can't just say, 'In two years I'll be fine.'"

My Way News - New York City's mayor fighting bad ol' days perception

I wonder if Christine Quinn will jump back in the primary next time around and attempt a come back. She always stuck me as being more suited for the job, like a female Laguardia or even a Giuliani. Doubt she would have thrown temper tantrums against the governor if she didn't get her way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 05:24 PM

931 posts, read 802,173 times
Many of us here called it way before De Bozo took office that he was a total POS. Glad his polls declining and REALLY hope he is a one-term Mayor.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:39 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
While the mayor's allies have steadfastly defended his record, de Blasio's sudden losing streak has taken a toll, sending his poll numbers plunging.
"He should be very worried," said Kenneth Sherrill, professor emeritus of political science at Hunter College. "He's in some trouble and you can't just say, 'In two years I'll be fine.'"

My Way News - New York City's mayor fighting bad ol' days perception

I wonder if Christine Quinn will jump back in the primary next time around and attempt a come back. She always stuck me as being more suited for the job, like a female Laguardia or even a Giuliani. Doubt she would have thrown temper tantrums against the governor if she didn't get her way.
It takes time to change things in the city from a political standpoint. Bloomberg affects are still lingering around such as gentrification, growing inequality and lack of affordable housing. Also NYC has had a huge homeless problem in the past decade including Bloomberg administration. The main big issues in NYC are housing, education and transportation. None of these nuances can not be fixed by the city or state and seriously needs heavy federal funding from congress who has to vote on earmarking grants to NYC.

Me personally a liberal like Christine Quinn would have just added 4 more years of Bloombergian Mayoralship. Hell I'm glad Christine Quinn loss her bid to run for mayor, only the UES and East Village supported her campaign. I don't personally think she would have done a good job and nowhere near Populist LaGuardia or moderate Guliani.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:55 PM

931 posts, read 802,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
It takes time to change things in the city from a political standpoint. Bloomberg affects are still lingering around such as gentrification, growing inequality and lack of affordable housing. Also NYC has had a huge homeless problem in the past decade including Bloomberg administration. The main big issues in NYC are housing, education and transportation. None of these nuances can not be fixed by the city or state and seriously needs heavy federal funding from congress who has to vote on earmarking grants to NYC.

Me personally a liberal like Christine Quinn would have just added 4 more years of Bloombergian Mayoralship. Hell I'm glad Christine Quinn loss her bid to run for mayor, only the UES and East Village supported her campaign. I don't personally think she would have done a good job and nowhere near Populist LaGuardia or moderate Guliani.
I'd take a 4th term of Bloomberg than this POS we have now in a heartbeat!

Old 08-12-2015, 05:57 PM

8,697 posts, read 11,089,464 times
I am waiting for Marilyn220 to chime in here. She guaranteed he is a two termer.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:00 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,934,347 times
This is based on a university poll, therefore including only those people who answered the phone and/or participated. The poll takers called people two or three times and asked opinions.

As is the case with teaching "reviews" and similar, it is most often only the disgruntled who respond.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:02 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,934,347 times
Quote:
Obviously, you do not understand that de Blasio is magical. He has magic powers.

He was able to absolutely change everything everywhere in just a few short months.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:03 PM

588 posts, read 947,838 times
Good but unfortunately he'll probably be re-elected.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:05 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,816,116 times
Quote:
It takes time to change things in the city from a political standpoint. Bloomberg affects are still lingering around such as gentrification, growing inequality and lack of affordable housing.
So it's still all Bloomberg's fault? How long do we have to wait before De Bozo starts taking a little responsibility? Not only is the city as unaffordable as ever, but now the parks are getting icky and there are skivvy people all over the sidewalks wherever you look. Rag on Quinn all you want, but she is loud, and wouldn't put up with all this nonsense. She would also have a much better relationship with the state government which would benefit the city.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:24 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
So it's still all Bloomberg's fault? How long do we have to wait before De Bozo starts taking a little responsibility? Not only is the city as unaffordable as ever, but now the parks are getting icky and there are skivvy people all over the sidewalks wherever you look. Rag on Quinn all you want, but she is loud, and wouldn't put up with all this nonsense. She would also have a much better relationship with the state government which would benefit the city.
Bloomberg also did not get along well with the governor either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City