Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2015, 08:58 AM

94 posts, read 216,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyDNYC View Post
Floorplan for the 32nd floor studio in Crossing ($1997). It was very nice, floor to ceiling windows with a view of LIC. Ultimately I decided on the other option in the Commons building.
That studio actually looks on the small side. I guess that's the reason you didn't go with it. I guess the views made up somewhat. My living area is at least 20x12 and apartment also has a large foyer. Can you post the one you picked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 08:58 AM

46 posts, read 70,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biqibiqi View Post
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to post my story since it sounds like I won't be getting an apartment here. Middle Income, Log # 18XXX. Phone screen late July and went to see a unit about two weeks ago and reserved it, but unfortunately I won't be able to move in because those with log #s lower than mine have had some income changes and are now being forced to move into the unit I reserved. My POC informed me it is probable I won't be getting an apartment considering there are only 50 units left in the entire building and there's still some switching going on. I've already had a lot of drama with my current landlord in terms of breaking my lease so I don't think I will be waiting around to hear back from Related before all this is resolved. Wish they wouldn't have you go through the hoops if they can't rent you a unit ...
Wow, this sounds absolutely absurd! Their whole gimmick is that once you pick an apt it's yours and no longer in the system for anyone else to select. After going through all the hurtles to get to the point of picking out an apt, and then to have them yank it away from you seems ludicrous. I hope it still works out for you and you wind up getting an even better apt...

Old 08-26-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
I still don't get why they made the amenities so unequal between the two buildings. Don't get me wrong - I"m thankful to live in Crossings even at highest bracket for middle income, but the inequality in terms of amenities between the buildings is almost startling. It would be different if the Crossings building had access to the better and bigger amenities, such as the sun terrace, or if we paid less in this building. But this is not the case.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the residents of both buildings have the option of using all amenities available in both the commons and crossing? I always assumed that it didn't mater which building you were in and it was just a mater of convenience being in commons. Does anyone know for sure?

Old 08-26-2015, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae86 View Post
I have a terrace on floor 7!

anyone else
Nice! Would you mind sharing the floor plan (how big is the terrace)? Some pics if you're in there already?

Old 08-26-2015, 09:29 AM

110 posts, read 218,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousAndConfusedHPSGuy View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the residents of both buildings have the option of using all amenities available in both the commons and crossing? I always assumed that it didn't mater which building you were in and it was just a mater of convenience being in commons. Does anyone know for sure?
No. The only shared amenities are the farm, parking garage and pet amenity. Residents of the buildings are only allowed to use the gym, party rooms/lounge and sun terrace in the building they live in.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousAndConfusedHPSGuy View Post
There's no sharing of amenities. I asked when I was picking an apartment.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:37 AM

110 posts, read 218,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothisforum View Post
That studio actually looks on the small side. I guess that's the reason you didn't go with it. I guess the views made up somewhat. My living area is at least 20x12 and apartment also has a large foyer. Can you post the one you picked?
I just felt it would be awkward placing furniture because there wasn't a lot of wall space. I could have fit a bed, couch and kitchen table easily in there, just wasn't quite sure how I would arrange it. Plus I prefer the Commons building. The view was beautiful and had it been of NYC I would have taken it for sure. Loved the floor to ceiling windows too, just felt the other was a better option for me.

The floorplan I chose is this one, on a floor in the low 20's. Studio | Hunter's Point South Living – BRAND NEW – Studio, 1-Bedroom, 2-Bedroom, and 3-Bedroom Moderately Priced Rent Stabilized Apartments
Is this the studio you have? Also, is yours one of the $1977 studios?

Old 08-26-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
I just felt it would be awkward placing furniture because there wasn't a lot of wall space. I could have fit a bed, couch and kitchen table easily in there, just wasn't quite sure how I would arrange it. Plus I prefer the Commons building. The view was beautiful and had it been of NYC I would have taken it for sure. Loved the floor to ceiling windows too, just felt the other was a better option for me.

The floorplan I chose is this one, on a floor in the low 20's. Studio | Hunter's Point South Living – BRAND NEW – Studio, 1-Bedroom, 2-Bedroom, and 3-Bedroom Moderately Priced Rent Stabilized Apartments
See below

Old 08-26-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:

That's a nice apartment. Which direction is it facing?

My studio was the $1561 studio, so it's on a low floor 3. It definitely has some positives but also some negatives, which is why I believe it was in the lowest bracket for a studio.

Positives

-Decent north view of bridge and upper manhattan (not facing another building)
-closed off kitchen from living area ( I guess depends on your preferences)

Negatives

-3rd floor and facing busy Street so have to use shade a lot (reflective windows help somewhat)
-Annoying bars on windows (have gotten used to. Plus they block some of the light coming in from the streetlights at night)

Old 08-26-2015, 09:58 AM

76 posts, read 127,229 times
Quote:

Great studio and excellent choice! I know someone who has a studio similar to that layout in Crossing and it was awesome. The kitchen space is really nice. Thanks again for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery