Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2015, 02:19 PM

103 posts, read 158,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Does anyone know if they're building more of these affordable luxury buildings at Hunts Point?

Also, has anyone ever tried to negotiate with their representative to give them a different apartment besides the one that they've been offered? I'm not talking about different views, etc, but asking for a two bedroom, when you had applied for a one bedroom.

I withdrew my application because after having seen the studio, I preferred a one bedroom instead. But now I'm wondering (not that it matters at this point), if I could have gotten a 1 bedroom by asking...
The lot next door to Crossing is "Phase 2" of Hunter's Point South. There's a little over 1,200 apartments going in there and T.F. Cornerstone, the developer who announced they won the bid, state that around 800 will be rent controlled, with 100 reserved for low income senior citizens. There really hasn't been much buzz since the announcement in 2013, so we'll see.

https://tfc.com/journal/development/...oint-south-lic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 02:23 PM

163 posts, read 271,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICaviator View Post
All of your income information and documentation needs to be within 120 days of your lease start date. It's not a rule they have control over so it's very strict.
OK thanks, that's good to know it needs to be from the lease date. But what is the first date? The day the whole income verification was completed? The day of your interview? The earliest paystub in your file which already goes back 4-6 pay periods?

Old 08-27-2015, 02:34 PM

103 posts, read 158,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
OK thanks, that's good to know it needs to be from the lease date. But what is the first date? The day the whole income verification was completed? The day of your interview? The earliest paystub in your file which already goes back 4-6 pay periods?
It all works backwards from your lease date. If your lease is November 1, anything you sign has to be dated within 120 days of that date. When it's a few weeks before your lease is set to begin, they'll ask for a fresh set of consecutive pay stubs, ask you to sign a document stating your income hasn't changed dramatically, etc. Earlier dates / interviews, etc. don't really matter too much.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:09 PM

15 posts, read 26,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICaviator View Post
The lot next door to Crossing is "Phase 2" of Hunter's Point South. There's a little over 1,200 apartments going in there and T.F. Cornerstone, the developer who announced they won the bid, state that around 800 will be rent controlled, with 100 reserved for low income senior citizens. There really hasn't been much buzz since the announcement in 2013, so we'll see.

https://tfc.com/journal/development/...oint-south-lic
here is some more info on phase II

Phase 2 of Hunters Point South Park to begin late summer | Long Island City Post

Old 08-27-2015, 04:24 PM

457 posts, read 737,086 times
@StormGal,

Q41 and HPS are the only 2 lotteries in LIC for the past 3 years. I'm sure with all the real estate that's going up in LIC, there will be plenty more. But it's dependent upon whether the developer agrees to be apart of the HARP program or not in exchange for the tax credit.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:47 PM

99 posts, read 232,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lichopefull View Post
I checked in with my agent yesterday and heard back pretty quick. Unfortunately, due to me leaving my job for school looks like we are out of luck. He said that we need to hang tight and see what happens because even though we qualified there were no longer any apartments left in our new income range.

At the time I filled out the application we were in the top tier of the middle income and now we are in the middle tier. It seems that the only apartments left are the highest tier of middle income. It sucks but I can't even be mad given the reason! He mentioned that we are on the waitlist and that he would be in touch when something opens up.

Congrats again to those that made it, I was driving a zipcar on the FDR this morning and the building looks amazing from across the river, enjoy it!!!
Sorry to hear it. I know there are restrictions with affordable housing lotteries for people going to school full-time. I would keep pushing back. Good luck!!

Old 08-27-2015, 05:07 PM

99 posts, read 232,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetfairy View Post
Hi! I've been living at the commons for 2 weeks now! Just wanted to give some friendly tips for the new people moving in.

Laundry Room- they have the larger machines so you don't need to wash two separate loads, the large dryers are amazing, everything is dry in 45 mins. The large machine washes in 25 mins.

When you buy a laundry card and load $, keep track. The large washer just kept eating my card balance. I went from $20, to $2. You will need to call the service # to get your $ back.

Walls are pretty thin. My neighbor's TV is always blasting in my bedroom and he/she plays late night music pretty loud.

Package delivery- At my old building all my doormen knew me and always notified me when i had a package. You can sign up on the resident portal to email you when you receive a package, but the doormen won't notify you when you walk in. The screens/monitors aren't up and running yet so you can't check just yet.

Gym, BBQ & River terrace, Tech lounge, River Lounge (looks amazing) still not open yet.

Congrats to those moving in soon!!
Thin walls is my biggest fear! I'm hoping for a corner unit for this reason.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:21 PM

Don't judge me, I'm just bored while I wait. Found this old article but it has the most detailed pictures of the different levels at Commons that I've seen. If anyone has a floorplan pic of levels 7-12 I'd love to see it!

Hunters Point South building at 1-50 50th Ave moves forward with approved zoning - Brownstoner Queens

Old 08-27-2015, 05:23 PM

P.S. There's some hot **** going on up on 34-37, I don't think we've seen anyone on here get offers up there. I wonder who gets to use the 38th floor roof?

Old 08-27-2015, 05:47 PM

110 posts, read 218,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiaWin1 View Post
Thin walls is my biggest fear! I'm hoping for a corner unit for this reason.
Mine too, ahhh! I hope its not too bad! I hate bothering people (not that I'm loud. but..) and I really hate hearing my neighbors. I live on the first floor in my current building and hear everyone coming in/out and swear have a heard of elephants living above me. I was really hoping HPS would be a lot quieter!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery