Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 07:01 AM

163 posts, read 271,306 times

Advertisements

That only seems to happen for mid income so it's possible. There's no rule about waiting but low income takes longer to process and we are told it'll be 6-8 weeks before we hear anything. :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 07:02 AM

8 posts, read 15,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
Just realized I'm only 3 weeks into my 6-8 weeks waiting period, ha. Question though, for people who were at least initially determined to be outside the bracket, did that adverse decision come quicker or did it still take 6-8 weeks?
Me too! I'm at 3 weeks too and haven't had any updates. Each time I email my coordinator I get one or 2 word responses. I've wondered the same thing too though...if I'm not qualified would they make you wait the entire 6-8 weeks? It's torture!!

I was at the gantry dog park yesterday daydreaming of a life across the street. I hope we all get in.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:03 AM

I visited the other day too, kinda masochistic lol. Until I hear otherwise I'm gonna say that I THINK rejections happen sooner...I know at least one person here was denied, appealed, won, and got an apartment all within a month and I think they were low income...

Old 08-24-2015, 08:14 AM

8 posts, read 15,609 times
Quote:
I visited the other day too, kinda masochistic lol. Until I hear otherwise I'm gonna say that I THINK rejections happen sooner...I know at least one person here was denied, appealed, won, and got an apartment all within a month and I think they were low income...
My coordinator said they notify you by mail. Is that what yours said?

Old 08-24-2015, 08:46 AM

101 posts, read 159,457 times
Quote:
Yes, maybe that was me? Everything happened within a month. Maybe it helped that I am alone, have only one job and good credit. They did ask me for more paperwork and I brought it within 2 days. The more complicated your financials the more time it takes to check them out.

I wish everyone waiting good luck!

Old 08-24-2015, 09:20 AM

99 posts, read 232,132 times
This sounds about right. It seems too good to be true for me. Just spoke to coordinator and they said we will find out by today. Can't wait to just know. Move in date will not be until much later because we want to wait for top floors but I'm told West views are mostly taken and we have South view only, which I'll take as long as it is water views; however, wouldn't that mean that we're facing the building to the left?

Old 08-24-2015, 09:39 AM

It's kind of angled so south facing has a bit of water if that makes sense. South facing is a tiny bit southwest facing

Old 08-24-2015, 09:40 AM

How many floors are in each building? I'm reading back through the first thread and it seems that some ppl moved into to 20s Floor. Not understanding why I would have to wait to get a view?

Old 08-24-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
It's kind of angled so south facing has a bit of water if that makes sense. South facing is a tiny bit southwest facing

Thank you. I would hate to face another building.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:45 AM

6 posts, read 9,503 times
Default HPS Residents- need any furniture?

I have some items that don't fit in my new space and would like to sell:

Ikea MALM Black Queen Sized bed frame with 4 storage drawers (slats included)- $300 (paid $449 for all) MALM High bed frame/4 storage boxes - Queen, Lönset - IKEA

Ikea BRUSALI Brown Wardrobe Closet- $200 (paid over $300 at the time, but it is already assembled!) BRUSALI Wardrobe with 3 doors - brown - IKEA

Only been used a year and a half. Good/taken care of condition. Only the bed frame will need to be assembled.

I am in the Crossings building. Contact me if interested!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery