Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2015, 05:47 PM

99 posts, read 232,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonsChica View Post
When I visited back in August, we were told that there weren't a lot of units left in the middle income band. What steps have you taken to ask for another unit? Are you willing to change your move-in date, etc.? Your move-in date may affect the kind of apartment you are assigned. She had sent me two emails - one with 2 layouts only and then a minute later, another email with the layout for Residence 11 which had suddenly become available for immediate move-in, likely because the applicant was unfortunately rejected at the last step of the process. So, sometimes another person's misfortune can turn into your good luck. Be persistent and flexible.
I've reached out to my agent a few times. They were away for a few days. I'm hoping to hear back soon. We are completely flexible with move-in dates. We were completely honest and said what is important to us is the corner layout with decent views. As things wind down, I'm hoping another apartment becomes available. I'm not happy with what we chose, and I shared this with our agent.

We are a 3 person household and I'm thinking that has something to do with what is available to us. I wish they were more transparent about the process but when you have this many apartments to lease out in such a short time frame, it makes it difficult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 06:41 PM

163 posts, read 271,257 times
Where are my low income friends at? Are you all in limbo still? Finally sent a 6-week check-in email to my coordinator and got an out-of-office reply...she's back 9/16. Gave no substitute contact in the meantime except the main office address. Makes me wonder how long she's been gone and who is handling my stuff. Also wonder if some coordinators handle all the low and some handle all the mid?

Old 09-11-2015, 06:47 PM

63 posts, read 110,572 times
Hi CommonsChica!

I love your picture!

I got called by my leasing agent today and I was approved by HDC and will be signing my lease on Monday!!!!

So excited! I look forward to meeting you all!

Old 09-11-2015, 06:59 PM

63 posts, read 110,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
Where are my low income friends at? Are you all in limbo still? Finally sent a 6-week check-in email to my coordinator and got an out-of-office reply...she's back 9/16. Gave no substitute contact in the meantime except the main office address. Makes me wonder how long she's been gone and who is handling my stuff. Also wonder if some coordinators handle all the low and some handle all the mid?
Hi @Danseurderrick

I'm Here! I got my call today from the leasing coordinator and I am signing the lease on Monday! Move in on Tuesday! I am soooo grateful and RELIEVED!

If you have the time, show your face at the main office, the receptionist is usually very helpful. If not, hopefully the 16th will be here sooner than later, but believe me, I know how awful the suspense can be. Hang in there!

Old 09-11-2015, 07:50 PM

101 posts, read 159,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewCitizen111 View Post
Hi CommonsChica!

I love your picture!

I got called by my leasing agent today and I was approved by HDC and will be signing my lease on Monday!!!!

So excited! I look forward to meeting you all!
Congratulations and Welcome!

Old 09-11-2015, 07:59 PM

101 posts, read 159,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
Still here, I am getting ready to paint my place this weekend. I am sending you good vibes, hopefully you will get a call before the 16th.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:29 PM

6 posts, read 9,499 times
Default Selling some furniture!

Hey new residents-

I am selling a few pieces that don't fit in my new unit. Contact me if you are interested in the below (I am in Crossings)

Ikea Fusion Black Dining Table & Chairs (PERFECT FOR STUDIO APARTMENTS) $200
This model is discontinued, fits perfect in small spaces. The chairs push in smartly to the corners of the table to save space. Used for a year and a half, minor wear and tear.
Width: 35 3/8 " Height: 29 1/2 " Total height: 29 7/8 "
Seat width: 21 5/8 " Seat depth: 15 3/8 " Seat height: 18 1/8
https://newyork.craigslist.org/que/fuo/5210368647.html

Raymour and Flanigan 5 piece Counter Height Dining Table and (4) Stools
Great condition, minor scuffs, dark brown/cherry wood color $325
52nd Street 5-pc. Counter-Height Dining Set | Dining Sets | Raymour and Flanigan Furniture & Mattresses

Randomly- also have two suitcases I no longer need- $100 for both or best offer
https://newyork.craigslist.org/que/for/5210378075.html

Thanks!

Old 09-11-2015, 09:02 PM

142 posts, read 198,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingToHPSC View Post
Who cares, it's a rental. I'm sure you'll be ok with using whatever standard cleaning products our out there...or just try using warm water.
A number of people will be living at HPS for a number of years and would like to keep them in the best condition possible. Someone posted earlier that the floors needed to be cleaned with a specific product that was recommended by HPS.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:30 PM

142 posts, read 198,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpscrossingsresident View Post
Hey new residents-

I am selling a few pieces that don't fit in my new unit. Contact me if you are interested in the below (I am in Crossings)

Ikea Fusion Black Dining Table & Chairs (PERFECT FOR STUDIO APARTMENTS) $200
This model is discontinued, fits perfect in small spaces. The chairs push in smartly to the corners of the table to save space. Used for a year and a half, minor wear and tear.
Width: 35 3/8 " Height: 29 1/2 " Total height: 29 7/8 "
Seat width: 21 5/8 " Seat depth: 15 3/8 " Seat height: 18 1/8
https://newyork.craigslist.org/que/fuo/5210368647.html

Raymour and Flanigan 5 piece Counter Height Dining Table and (4) Stools
Great condition, minor scuffs, dark brown/cherry wood color $325
52nd Street 5-pc. Counter-Height Dining Set | Dining Sets | Raymour and Flanigan Furniture & Mattresses

Randomly- also have two suitcases I no longer need- $100 for both or best offer
https://newyork.craigslist.org/que/for/5210378075.html

Thanks!
The Ikea Fusion Dining Table and Chairs are great! I have 3 friends that have this in a small space. It takes up very little room due to the chairs.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:20 AM

357 posts, read 656,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingToHPSC View Post
Who cares, it's a rental. I'm sure you'll be ok with using whatever standard cleaning products our out there...or just try using warm water.
You cannot use standard cleaning products, they are very specific about what they want you to use.
Attached Thumbnails
Hunters Point Housing Lottery (Part II)-protecting-cleaning-your-new-hardwood-flooring  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery