Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 03:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotia1 View Post
We were offered a one bedroom, as the two bedrooms are all gone at this point. I'm waiting to get on the list for a two bedroom. Our agent said the list hasn't been drawn up yet. It will be interesting to see what the turn around will be on all these apartments. I think its going to be hard for a lot of folks at the moderate income level, if I did not have a second income stream that I didnt include when I entered the lottery, it would be extremely tight budgeting with the parameters they give you. Does anyone else feel this way too?
this is so strange because we were offered a 2BR because we were told all the 1BRs are gone. the more I read these boards the more confused I become by this whole program and process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 08:33 PM

13 posts, read 18,786 times
wow. I was offered it at the end of August. When were you offered the two bedroom? was it the one for the lowest rent? Maybe we can trade???

Old 10-03-2015, 02:09 PM

49 posts, read 82,026 times
This has probably been covered, and I have tried to look back, but does anyone know which 2 bedrooms have 2 baths? Is it broken down by rent prices? More specifically, does anyone know if all the 2 bedrooms for $2,366 have 2 baths?
Thanks so much!

Old 10-03-2015, 03:09 PM

15 posts, read 30,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPS_Resident View Post
As other people have said, the apartments feel very small without any furniture but you'll be pleasantly surprised with how much furniture you'll fit once you move in. I have a 1 br and can comfortably fit my 9' long couch and a dining table that can accommodate up to 6 people.
If you don't mind me ask, what were the dimensions of your living room?

We are getting a 18'11" and 10'10" living room and are afraid its a little tight. But are happy to actually have a bedroom for our son!

Thanks!

Old 10-04-2015, 03:37 PM

20 posts, read 27,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNYC View Post
And there's still leg room? In any event, I hear ya. It concerns me, but I won't dismiss it. There's only one way to know for sure and that'll be on moving day.
There's a good amount of wiggle room, I'd say - not a ton but it definitely doesn't feel cluttered (or at least I think).

Obviously, everyone's apartments are different and didn't mean to generalize - I just remember that when I first saw my apartment, I remember feeling the same and thinking that there was no way I'd be able to fit a dining table and was all set on having just counter stools. Then, when everything got moved in, I was pleasantly surprised that I had room for a a table.

You have the right attitude - just have to see wait and see what works.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:40 AM

20 posts, read 27,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchme12 View Post
If you don't mind me ask, what were the dimensions of your living room?

We are getting a 18'11" and 10'10" living room and are afraid its a little tight. But are happy to actually have a bedroom for our son!

Thanks!
Hi - pretty much the exact same dimensions - below is how I laid out my apartment. I am a single person, so I don't need as much furniture...

Little tight around one corner of the dining table (by the couch) but otherwise, plenty of room.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:02 AM

19 posts, read 28,395 times
Question Someone Please Help Me See The Vision

I can't imagine how complete furniture sets can comfortably fit in these units. Can anyone on this thread that has moved into a two bedroom unit post pictures of how their home looks furnished?

Old 10-05-2015, 11:21 AM

2 posts, read 2,836 times
What's the timing on when Related gets back to you about moving companies, countersigned leases prior to move-in? I'm supposed to be moving in in less than 3 weeks and have to let my landlord know I am leaving. I signed a lease with HPS, but because I see in the forums here not to believe anything until I've actually moved in I'm getting a little worried this might not happen since I haven't heard anything from them since I signed the lease.

Originally I reserved a unit Mid August, only to have the unit taken away a week later because they had to re-certify tenants with lower lot numbers. I was told I wasn't going to get a unit, but then they surprised me 3 weeks later and said they'd finally reached my lot number and that I could definitely have one. I was shown a new apartment and I came in with deposits and signed a lease the next day. After that I've heard nothing and I've been trying to get a hold of my coordinator with no response. Has anyone gotten their apartment taken away after lease signing?

Old 10-05-2015, 11:23 AM

49 posts, read 82,026 times
I'm sure it's weird for people but it would be so great to see some more pics with furniture in them.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:25 PM

15 posts, read 30,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPS_Resident View Post
Hi - pretty much the exact same dimensions - below is how I laid out my apartment. I am a single person, so I don't need as much furniture...

Little tight around one corner of the dining table (by the couch) but otherwise, plenty of room.

Thanks for the response. Looks like you got a lot of furniture in there. Hopefully we can get ours in there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery