Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2015, 09:49 AM

15 posts, read 26,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiaWin1 View Post
Thank you, this is helpful. I hope I get a call back. We have a conditional approval but our log number is very high
How high is your log #? Mine is around 43k and since sending documents last weekend I have not heard anything at all. I called late last week and was told by someone that my application was being reviewed by the compliance team. I could be wrong but I think the stronger your income and credit is, the faster the process. I recently left my job and went back to school so I think our change of income is slowing it down and maybe even disqualifying us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 09:52 AM

103 posts, read 158,796 times
It also looks like they're putting the finishing touches on the Commons lower outdoor space. They were installing lounge chairs today and saw some work going on by the grill areas (to the right side of the photo). You can also see a different perspective on some of the terraces, some of which are pretty big.
Attached Thumbnails
Hunters Point Housing Lottery (Part II)-img_3109.png  

Old 08-25-2015, 10:01 AM

32 posts, read 46,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICaviator View Post
Having been in about a week, I can say it's super quiet. Yesterday, they were installing flooring and running this loud fan in the apartment right next to mine and I only knew it when I walked into the hallway and they had the door wide open. You can definitely hear things from the hallway as the doors are a little thinner but within your apartment, it's very quiet.
Sweet! Thanks a million. Makes the pain and suffering of moving worth it.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:19 AM

99 posts, read 232,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lichopefull View Post
How high is your log #? Mine is around 43k and since sending documents last weekend I have not heard anything at all. I called late last week and was told by someone that my application was being reviewed by the compliance team. I could be wrong but I think the stronger your income and credit is, the faster the process. I recently left my job and went back to school so I think our change of income is slowing it down and maybe even disqualifying us.
Mine is in the mid 60ks! Congratulations about going back to school.

I emailed my paperwork and it took about a week to hear back afterthat. My file just went to compliance yesterday! So I think you are on track. I'm also not sure that they give your file if to compliance if you didn't pass initial review. At least that is what I got from the converation with my coordinator. Good luck!

Our credit is good but I was soo sure we would not get past this stage because of it. We were turned down from another apartment because of our credit and one negative thing on it from years ago that was resolved within days. But my understanding from this board is that there are less strict guidelines for mod income. I could be wrong.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:20 AM

99 posts, read 232,106 times
Quote:
It also looks like they're putting the finishing touches on the Commons lower outdoor space. They were installing lounge chairs today and saw some work going on by the grill areas (to the right side of the photo). You can also see a different perspective on some of the terraces, some of which are pretty big.
Great pic! Are there terraces for the higher floors also?

Old 08-25-2015, 10:38 AM

69 posts, read 108,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousAndConfusedHPSGuy View Post
You're on 32 in Commons or Crossings? Because if you're in Commons then maybe I can ask my agent to also let me have a sneak peak since I'm on a high floor in the Commons, like you?
I'm in Commons BUT to clarify I did not take these pictures. My agent went up while I was finishing some paperwork and took these pics so I could get a rough idea of what the view would be like. Residents are not allowed up there.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:30 AM

46 posts, read 70,768 times
Quote:
very nice!

would you mind taking a similar pic but only of the top half of the commons building, curious what that looks like

Old 08-25-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiaWin1 View Post
Great pic! Are there terraces for the higher floors also?
yes, believe there are terraces on 5th/14th/23rd and 35th floors...don't quote me on it though

Old 08-25-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aml1026 View Post
I'm in Commons BUT to clarify I did not take these pictures. My agent went up while I was finishing some paperwork and took these pics so I could get a rough idea of what the view would be like. Residents are not allowed up there.
oh...then disregard my earlier request for more pics

Old 08-25-2015, 11:47 AM

103 posts, read 158,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousAndConfusedHPSGuy View Post
very nice!

would you mind taking a similar pic but only of the top half of the commons building, curious what that looks like
I wish I could, but that's about as far of a reach as I have. I'm SW/W facing so that picture is about as much of Commons as I can see from my apartment. Sorry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery