Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2015, 07:19 PM

10 posts, read 12,080 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any advice/ info on the parking situation? I was told 250.00 but the manager said 300.00. That is so unfair that they are quoting different prices. Any information will be appreciated. I know I need a spot. Just don't want to overpay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 11:51 PM

163 posts, read 269,955 times
I got into one thing early...the portal, LOL. I tried a few days in a row to register and it seems that once they entered me into the system, it let me join.

About Verizon FiOS...I'm kind of a snob about having super fast internet and HD video and I also thought I might as well get a phone number since it was like an extra $5 and will make my Mom happy that I have a "land line" that she can use for emergencies. So with all said and done after taxes and everything, I'll pay about $143/mo for the 150 MBPS internet (two steps up from 50 MBPS), custom TV with just 2 channel packs, the Quantum DVR, a phone line, and all the goodies like free premium channels and the $350 Visa card. I remember people said the best deals were all online. BUT I decided to talk to the Related Verizon guy, and he told me that going through him, Verizon would still honor all current online promotions PLUS you get the $150 Related rebate. But it might be too late for me since I already confirmed an installation on my own. Still, I might be willing to cancel that and go through HPS for the EXTRA rebate, so long as they don't run my credit again...but it was kind of a headache to put together my bundle in the first place...

I was really excited to see in the portal that ZIPCAR lives in our garage! I started to sign up for the $35 special Related annual fee, until I saw that the online promotion for ANYONE right now is a $15 annual fee...so GO DO THAT, people! A simple google search also showed me that Zipcar has ZIPVANS that are the perfect size for a studio move, so I'm going to use one of those for my move. You can also easily find a $25 new member coupon online. But yeah...with the frequency with which I would ever need a car, having Zipcar there is going to be SO GREAT and way cheaper than buying a car and paying for parking.

And I do wonder how we are supposed to reserve these party rooms if we don't get to see when they're already taken. Has anyone reserved any yet?

Sorry this is long but I do have a QUESTION...did anyone send mail prior to their move-in? Particularly a kind of larger delivery? I ordered a rug because it was on sale and almost sold out, but it's going to arrive on the 6th and I don't move in until the 15th. I wonder if they will be kind and put it aside somewhere for me, if I should warn them it's coming, or if I should have UPS hold it somewhere else. It's not that big...box should be skinny but 5 feet long.

Getting SO EXCITED! Thanks for all the welcome wishes!!!

Old 11-05-2015, 12:04 AM

142 posts, read 198,085 times
Thanks for all the info on your package rate for fios. I'm sure if you alert the front desk people about your package they will be able to hold it for you.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:49 AM

163 posts, read 269,955 times
A couple more things I found out about Verizon that might be useful to some...all the equipment is BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE, so that means if you select a higher option now and change your mind later, they can leave the equipment in place and just downgrade your services, but if you decide to upgrade later, you owe all sorts of new upgrade and installation fees. So for example, 50 and 100 MBPS internet use one router, but it's an entirely different router and new wiring for 150+. So you can always downgrade from that one later for no cost. Same goes for the DVR...also, there is an unadvertised $5 discount with the Quantum DVR, which makes it only $3 more expensive than the regular DVR. It comes with a lot more space and a lot more simultaneous recording...but if you ever downgrade, you get to keep the extra space but they just start limiting your simultaneous recordings. Also you probably want to RENT your router, not buy, because it looks like it's cheaper to buy until you consider that they are always upgrading these things, and what's the point of owning it when you might need a different one very soon, and even if you just upgraded they would charge extra upgrade fees and such.

PHEW! Cable is complicated. But I'm excited to have it!

Old 11-05-2015, 09:52 AM

12 posts, read 14,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citichic1 View Post
Anyone have any advice/ info on the parking situation? I was told 250.00 but the manager said 300.00. That is so unfair that they are quoting different prices. Any information will be appreciated. I know I need a spot. Just don't want to overpay.
I have a Nissan Murano and was quoted 270 + tax = 300.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:47 AM

19 posts, read 30,565 times
Default Bathtub Clog Tip

If you noticed that your bathtub seems to be clogging up or water is piling up while you showere, I just turned that push button stopper counter-clockwise. Ended up unscrewing it and saw a lot of hair was caught underneath and just pulled it out. It looks like it was designed to catch hair. Hope that helps.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:48 AM

Default Another Affidavit form to sign

Did anyone else get a call having to sign another affidavit for their auditing purposes?

Old 11-05-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post
I made that request before I moved in. No dice.
Doubt you will get keys earlier because they will have maintenance and other people cleaning and fixing the place all the way up until your move in date.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:17 AM

10 posts, read 12,080 times
Thank you dtrot. I have a jeep and was told the same. Even though I am not moving in till December I had to pay November too just to keep my spot!

Old 11-05-2015, 10:56 PM

28 posts, read 37,944 times
The parking rates are not unreasonable. TF Cornerstone has the same $300 rate I think and as a current resident, the parking lot is super full. It's so busy at all times and they're jamming every car into every space they have. I think I even have damage on mine. So they're willing to sacrifice a few spaces. I just wish there was no valet because sometimes I'm waiting 15 minutes to get my car for work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery