Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2015, 10:40 PM

163 posts, read 270,064 times

Advertisements

I'm already getting the email addressing the problem. I'm glad to know they take these things seriously and keep tenants informed. Hopefully it's solved soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 11:16 AM

10 posts, read 12,889 times
Hi danseurderrick - To answer your question about the gym amenity - you need to pay the amenity fee once annually, and in order to use it when you move in, you'ĺl need to complete a liability form and provide payment via check made out to HPS. Send an email to the Office Manager to let her know when you are moving in and if she can take your payment and set-up your FOB the day you move in so you can start using the amenities when you move-in.

And re: your question about mailing packages, etc. to yourself in advance - I changed my mailing address two weeks in advance of my move, and also started mailing packages to the new address about a week before the move. The concierge will hold everything for you in the lobby until you pick-up, and your mail will be in the mailbox waiting for you.

Old 11-08-2015, 11:59 AM

Also - re: some questions I saw on the thread earlier:

-There is a resident handbook on the resident portal of the HPS website. The handbook recommends using Bona cleaner for the hardwood in the apartments. Amazon sells a good starter kit for $40.

-The walls in the apartment scuff so easily! A damp paper towel seems fine though to get rid of marks.

-You can (and should) haggle for the price of parking in the building's garage. Ask the Officer Manager for the pricing sheet that Manhattan Parking provides Related and ask MPS corporate to honor this rate. I saw on the sheet the monhtly rate was $250 (for a small car), but was told to pay $300. The garage manager is really nice, but you should reach out to MPS corporate to haggle/settle the monthly fee.

-For xx01 floorplans, there are only two windows in the living room area, two windows in the bedroom, a longer/larger living area and a larger/longer kitchen, whereas for xx02 floorplans have three windows in the bedroom and a wider bedroom.

Questions for the community:

Has anyone tried to use the grills on the Commons roof deck without paying the one-time usage fee?

Has anyone used the cleaning service in the building (for dry cleaning, house cleaning, etc.)? Any thoughts on quality, pricing, etc.?

Old 11-08-2015, 04:12 PM

10 posts, read 12,086 times
Thank you NYCfan123 for to info. I will call about the parking for sure. Also does anyone know if the floor cleaner is available in Home Depot or Lowes? Thank you. I am moving in December and have two dogs. I want to be prepared!

Old 11-08-2015, 05:04 PM

Hi CitiChic - Yes, looks like you can buy the floor cleaner on HomeDepot - looks like a better price than on Amazon:

Bona Hardwood Floor Care System-WM710013358 - The Home Depot

Old 11-08-2015, 05:06 PM

Does anyone have suggestions for a cleaner to use on the kitchen counters? They stain so easily! The resident handbook doesn't mention anything about the material used for the counters. I've tried Windex, Fantastic, etc., and stains remain.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:34 PM

142 posts, read 198,135 times
Does anyone know the brand of paint and shade used on the walls .

I have only been in my apartment for a few days and have noticed numerous marks after moving in my furniture. In my last apartment it took a few years for marks to be noticeable. I would like to do a few touch ups with paint.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:09 AM

170 posts, read 314,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCfan123 View Post
Does anyone have suggestions for a cleaner to use on the kitchen counters? They stain so easily! The resident handbook doesn't mention anything about the material used for the counters. I've tried Windex, Fantastic, etc., and stains remain.
I've had success removing tea and coffee stains using a little bit of Soft Scrub with Bleach.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:28 AM

3 posts, read 3,441 times
Hi, everyone.
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3](1) Can anyonerecommend any of the movers from the list HPS provides? I'm looking for the best price andservice [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3](2) Can anyone recommend another mover they used not on the list who hasthe required insurance certificate (also providing best price and service)?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Thanks! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 11-09-2015, 08:30 AM

3 posts, read 3,441 times
Hi, everyone. Can anyone recommend any of the movers from the list HPS provides?

Can anyone recommend another mover they used who is NOT on the list but has the required insurance certificate?

I'm looking for the best price and service.

Thanks very much!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery