Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 08:36 PM

514 posts, read 470,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
China and Russia have been planning to do this for a while. That plan is now in flames.
China has been planning for years now for a global financial reset, followed by new monetary paradigm. At a macroscopic level, things at least appear to be going according to their expectations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 08:45 PM

5,119 posts, read 4,967,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousseff View Post
China has been planning for years now for a global financial reset, followed by new monetary paradigm. At a macroscopic level, things at least appear to be going according to their expectations.
They two can do whatever they agree to with each, but that may not have any impact on the existing global system anyway. When the Chinese economy goes under, two losers will not make a winner no matter how hard they try.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
They two can do whatever they agree to with each, but that may not have any impact on the existing global system anyway. When the Chinese economy goes under, two losers will not make a winner no matter how hard they try.
I think the events of the past two weeks have exposed severe systemic vulnerabilities in the global financial system so any conjecture of this kind already falls into problems. In the short term, no-one will be a winner in the context of a global reset. It's what happens after that is the point of interest.

Last edited by Yousseff; 08-24-2015 at 09:09 PM..

Old 08-24-2015, 10:29 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,750,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
It will only make the NYC RE market more attractive to rich foreigners who need to park their money into something safe.

This ^^^

Old 08-25-2015, 03:58 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,862,673 times
Quote:
They still cannot establish a global reserve currency.

Old 08-25-2015, 04:20 AM

Quote:
They still cannot establish a global reserve currency.
I think a change in monetary paradigm is ultimately inevitable. What form it will take, though, will be interesting to speculate on.

Old 08-25-2015, 04:26 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,862,673 times
Quote:
I think a change in monetary paradigm is ultimately inevitable. What form it will take, though, will be interesting to speculate on.
Or we could all be dead by the time they set up a global reserve currency, at which point it is essentially irrelevant.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Or we could all be dead by the time they set up a global reserve currency, at which point it is essentially irrelevant.
Predicting these things with any accuracy is close to impossible. I suspect it will be within my lifetime at least, but it's speculative.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:40 AM

106,648 posts, read 108,790,719 times
this volatility will be with us for a while . while the fact we are down 1600 points the last 4 weeks has hurt it is mostly the gains that evaporated that the markets gave us in the first place .

i figure we are down about 100k from july but we are down to a level i still wouldn't be at if i wasn't a market investor , it just goes with the territory .

it is like when i dealt with electrical contractors it was all on open account . you never knew the profitability on the account until the day came they stuck you . many do eventually but it is all part of the territory .

this being our first month in retirement drops can be hurtful if they do not recover quickly in the beginning so we may delay purchasing the co-op we were thinking of until we fully recover . looks like today may be a huge up day from the looks of the futures .

Old 08-25-2015, 06:45 AM

364 posts, read 708,269 times
China just cut its interest rate by 0.5%. The futures is now trading at 500+ points, as if the massive drop didn't happen yesterday. Whoever bought in yesterday have made a ship load of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City