Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 01:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,016 times

Advertisements

I live in Hell's Kitchen, just barely off the Times Square District. There was recently a stabbing on my street. And while I pay X amount of money for my apartment...there are people living in the building next door for next to nothing. That would be fine if they weren't partying in the street 24/7...openly doing hard drugs, drinking, fighting. And that's not even scratching the surface on the homeless issue I think we're all aware of now. I just want to walk my dog! Before someone tells me to move if I don't like it...believe me I will be as soon as this lease runs out.

Obviously the Mayor isn't going to do anything about it. I want to get involved in some sort of organization that fights these problems and hopefully wake up our "progressive champion" mayor. Supporting a stronger, more aggressive police force perhaps? I'm not really interested in volunteering at a homeless shelter. While those groups are greatly needed, I want to help shifting the political system toward a cleaner, safer city that apparently we once had.

Any thoughts groups or organizations that might fit my concerns?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 01:52 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,506 times
The Alliance of Guardian Angels - | The Alliance of Guardian Angels

Old 09-04-2015, 02:47 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,540,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidtownMan1 View Post
I live in Hell's Kitchen, just barely off the Times Square District. There was recently a stabbing on my street. And while I pay X amount of money for my apartment...there are people living in the building next door for next to nothing. That would be fine if they weren't partying in the street 24/7...openly doing hard drugs, drinking, fighting. And that's not even scratching the surface on the homeless issue I think we're all aware of now. I just want to walk my dog! Before someone tells me to move if I don't like it...believe me I will be as soon as this lease runs out.

Obviously the Mayor isn't going to do anything about it. I want to get involved in some sort of organization that fights these problems and hopefully wake up our "progressive champion" mayor. Supporting a stronger, more aggressive police force perhaps? I'm not really interested in volunteering at a homeless shelter. While those groups are greatly needed, I want to help shifting the political system toward a cleaner, safer city that apparently we once had.

Any thoughts groups or organizations that might fit my concerns?

Thanks!

The homeless congregate where they can find people who will give them something. When people stop endorsing those who made poor choices in life, then the homeless will move on.

I suspect the homeless, of which you complain, aren't families who got evicted because they cannot pay their rent. But it is those who have a history f substance abuse, and related mental health issues.

Old 09-04-2015, 03:07 PM

2 posts, read 2,016 times
Not to be rude, but that does not answer my question. I know all that. Waste of a reply.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:59 PM

515 posts, read 875,461 times
Crying like a little girl is a waste of a post. If you can afford Hell's Kitchen then move to the UES or the suburbs. Why do you even have a dog in the city? That's the dumbest idea ever! Dogs need a nice yard and lots of open space. This is borderline animal abuse. I'm calling animal control! I can't understand people like you. And you have the nerve to walk this poor little distraught animal next to party goers doing hard drugs on the corner. Dogs are smart man. Your dogs going to see that and learn quick. It's only a matter of time before he starts rocking horse lines off of dirty urinals at Pacha's while getting blown by a flaming gay man with AIDS who's gettin' f*cked by an orangutan. The world's a dangerous place man....better to keep your head down and stay inside. Or, you can wake up one morning and put your big boy pants on and clean up this city once and for all Batman. Ball's in your court!

Old 09-04-2015, 08:35 PM

432 posts, read 551,892 times
Ever think of joining the NYPD?

Old 09-04-2015, 10:09 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Ask commissioner Bratton if you can use the bat signal to call batman. If that doesn't work, you can call spiderman. If that doesn't work, maybe chanting chuck Norris in the mirror ten times might help.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:47 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidtownMan1 View Post
Not to be rude, but that does not answer my question. I know all that. Waste of a reply.
Then don't reply to that if its a waste of a reply.

Old 09-05-2015, 03:14 AM

969 posts, read 825,751 times
It's kind of sad to see vigilantism on the rise in New York City to compensate for an errant Mayor.

It's even more sad to think that De Blasio will probably be voted in for a second term.

Old 09-05-2015, 05:11 AM

11 posts, read 19,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Ask commissioner Bratton if you can use the bat signal to call batman. If that doesn't work, you can call spiderman. If that doesn't work, maybe chanting chuck Norris in the mirror ten times might help.
I vote on this solution!!

I have learnt one thing, if you can't afford to leave a place, then don't complain about it. It's you who cose that place in the first place, so you should live with whatever happens in the surrounding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: