Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 02:37 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times

Advertisements

The building is decent looking, but the real jewel is 1070 Washington. Now THAT is nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 05:01 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times

this is 1070 Washington ave

Old 12-07-2015, 07:09 AM

32 posts, read 25,794 times
Yes, I live right down the block from the building now so from time to time I drive by to take a look. It looks done but of course we can't see the inside. It's hard getting anyone to answer you. I wish they can give out floors plans for the apartment we were assigned too. Or even an estimate as to when we can expect to sign a lease.....

I would be ok with a Spring move in date though That's enough to save up for a few months rent..

P.S. Did anyone see if there's a garage for this building?

Old 12-07-2015, 07:11 AM

1070 is very nice. Is that an affordable housing building as well?

Old 12-07-2015, 09:03 AM

454 posts, read 527,960 times
Hi shavy

Did u get called when they told u were approved and when was your interview? I went on 9/5 and havent heard anything yet.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:04 AM

Btw . I live down the block from this development and one of the construction guys let me see a two bedroom apt.

Old 12-07-2015, 12:03 PM

Hello Lovemylayla,

I got an email from them with the apartment number I was assigned and at the end of the email it says do not bring in your 1st month rent and security until they contact me as they are waiting for the "Certificate of Occupancy". I got this email at the beginning of October. They will contact via the way you selected on you original application. My interview was on 9/3. They approved me for a 1 bedroom (which is what I wanted). What size did you want? Maybe that's the hold up. You didn't get a denial which is always good. Wishing you luck

And cool! Are the apartments nice? I may have to drive pass tonight to see if I can take a peek

Old 12-07-2015, 05:34 PM

Hopefully ill be hearing something soon. I emailed the person on the interview sheet and she stated we were advised it takes 6-8 weeks but might be longer depends on when they get to my number. Who knows? Crosses finger i hear something before the year is out. The waiting is killing me. Oh yeah i need a two bedroom.

The construction person showed me an apt on the second floor. I love the kitchen its pretty long,standard bathroom which is kind of big, bedrooms kinda small. Overall Pretty nice from what i saw. Also they will have a small garage which will hold about 16-20 cars if im not mistaken. Still praying i get this 😥. They taking too long.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemylayla View Post
Hopefully ill be hearing something soon. I emailed the person on the interview sheet and she stated we were advised it takes 6-8 weeks but might be longer depends on when they get to my number. Who knows? Crosses finger i hear something before the year is out. The waiting is killing me. Oh yeah i need a two bedroom.

The construction person showed me an apt on the second floor. I love the kitchen its pretty long,standard bathroom which is kind of big, bedrooms kinda small. Overall Pretty nice from what i saw. Also they will have a small garage which will hold about 16-20 cars if im not mistaken. Still praying i get this 😥. They taking too long.

I emailed her to on the 8th week (they really do take too long) and at that time she told me I would receive a letter soon. About 2 days later the email came through. But I have the CB preference (which I'm sure you do too) and my log number was in the early 2300's. And there's the fact that I wanted a 1 bedroom. There's probably a lot more people applying for 2 bedroom unfortunately. And I know how it feels to have to wait. They take sooooooooooooooo long with everything! And then getting her to answer your emails is a job in itself (which I can understand because she probably has so many people contacting her, but why not have more people?). It's just unfortunate because some people need to make decisions on what to do with their apartment they're in now as far as leases and that sucks! Anyhow, I pray you get it as well!! (I think you will they're just taking a while to tell you ).

And thank you for the insight on the apartment! I can't wait to see it! Or even a floor plan would be nice, anything at this point LOL. I may have to email her today to see if she'll answer this time .

Old 12-08-2015, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
The building is decent looking, but the real jewel is 1070 Washington. Now THAT is nice

Have you been accepted for the 1016 building?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: