Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 07:27 AM

928 posts, read 1,101,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Lol that's a comical wish list if you are coming from the bay area. There certainly is no small town feel in NYC, it is no where near as clean as SF nor is it as safe and on top of that the people here are not as friendly. Spend a week here before you move to get an idea of the mistake you are about to make.

If you really have to relocate I'd recommend the UWS or Greenwich Village.
Lol, mistake? Not as clean? What's the last time, if ever, that you have been to SF?

SF is filthy, there are homeless EVERYWHERE! Like 50 on each block, and they are aggressive. I come from a 3rd world dangerous country and I have never felt more threatened for my safety than in SF. It's a flithy disgusting town.

NYC on the other hand is safe and Central Park is times better than Golden Gate Park. Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 09:34 AM

2,604 posts, read 3,401,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggerlee666 View Post
Lol, mistake? Not as clean? What's the last time, if ever, that you have been to SF?

SF is filthy, there are homeless EVERYWHERE! Like 50 on each block, and they are aggressive. I come from a 3rd world dangerous country and I have never felt more threatened for my safety than in SF. It's a flithy disgusting town.

NYC on the other hand is safe and Central Park is times better than Golden Gate Park. Lol.
I've been to the Bay Area at least 6 times in the past 10 years and NYC is by far A LOT dirtier and as unsafe. Lets not get this thread all confused and compare NYC to Oakland, which is no comparison. But SF is much cleaner and safer. I was just there a few years ago and there are no where near as many bums and homeless people as there are here. I work in NYC and I walk around the city a lot because my job requires me to travel and there are bums everywhere. If you walk from Penn Station to Union Square you will see at least a dozen homeless people on each block. And that is no exaggeration like the "50 on each block" in SF which you falsely stated. As soon as I get out of Penn in the morning I'm greeted by the stench of the homeless that are loitering by the stairs. They are everywhere!

The last time I was there (SF and the Bay Area) was about 2 years ago. I have family that live in the bay area so I got there a lot. Golden Gate park is much nicer than Central Park and is a hell of a lot cleaner. You can safely ride a bike in SF without having to worry about your life. Not here. And this is not just my opinion, read this thread thoroughly and just about everyone would agree with me. This city is just a disgusting $hit hole. When I hear about these dopes that want to move here I try to give them a taste of reality. This is not the city of the 90's. Where it was a bit grimy but it still had some charm. Its gone downhill and offers nothing, other than employment. If you want charm try parts of Brooklyn or Queens.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:17 AM

7 posts, read 4,813 times
Quote:
I've been to the Bay Area at least 6 times in the past 10 years and NYC is by far A LOT dirtier and as unsafe. Lets not get this thread all confused and compare NYC to Oakland, which is no comparison. But SF is much cleaner and safer. I was just there a few years ago and there are no where near as many bums and homeless people as there are here. I work in NYC and I walk around the city a lot because my job requires me to travel and there are bums everywhere. If you walk from Penn Station to Union Square you will see at least a dozen homeless people on each block. And that is no exaggeration like the "50 on each block" in SF which you falsely stated. As soon as I get out of Penn in the morning I'm greeted by the stench of the homeless that are loitering by the stairs. They are everywhere!

The last time I was there (SF and the Bay Area) was about 2 years ago. I have family that live in the bay area so I got there a lot. Golden Gate park is much nicer than Central Park and is a hell of a lot cleaner. You can safely ride a bike in SF without having to worry about your life. Not here. And this is not just my opinion, read this thread thoroughly and just about everyone would agree with me. This city is just a disgusting $hit hole. When I hear about these dopes that want to move here I try to give them a taste of reality. This is not the city of the 90's. Where it was a bit grimy but it still had some charm. Its gone downhill and offers nothing, other than employment. If you want charm try parts of Brooklyn or Queens.
You are a moron.

San Francisco is far more dangerous than New York City. San Francisco is actually one of the more dangerous cities in the United States. San Francisco has a higher homicide, shooting, mugging, rapes, assaults, higher property crime rates. And these are facts:

Total crimes, per 100k people.
San Francisco: 6642
Seattle: 6167
Houston: 6049
DC: 5793
Portland: 5348
Austin: 5213
Nashville: 4888
Denver: 4283
Los Angeles: 3639
Boston: 3555
NYC: 2315

I grew up in the Bay Area -- in San Mateo County and have been into "The City" more times than I can possibly count and San Francisco is a filthy little cesspool. The homeless situation is the worst of any city I have ever been to and what other cities have lamp posts falling over because they are too heavily drenched in urine? That happened a month ago. San Francisco is noticeably more grubby than Manhattan (where I live now). I could deal with that, as it's a city after all, but San Francisco is not vibrant and interesting enough to make it worth it to put up with those conditions.

This story in the SF gate just about sums it up (the author went to NYC and complained how dirty and underwhelming San Francisco is compared to NYC): Our little town can

You're scared for your life in Central Park vs Golden Gate Park? You live in Long Island, so you don't go to Central Park. I know you added that lie in there for impact, but let's be truthful since OP is asking a serious question. And funny you mention that as there was a shooting in Golden Gate Park last week. Can anyone even recall the last time there was a shooting in Central Park? That doesn't happen.

Posts like yours just show how uninformed and uneducated people can be, and anyone coming here to get advice should take it with a grain of salt. You do not even live in NYC...you live on Long Island and subject yourself miserable commute and confine yourself to that terrible station in one of the worst parts of Manhattan so your first impressions probably suck and like most B&T people, your experience with NYC is that of a commuter and frankly irrelevant to the discussion. Take your misery back to the Long Island forum.

OP - as someone who actually lives in NYC (and has personal experience with SF) .. look into the West Village. You'd love it.

Last edited by jamescfx; 09-09-2015 at 10:48 AM..

Old 09-09-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescfx View Post
You are a moron.

..............................snip
Once you start off your point with an insult anything you say is completely irrelevant. We have enough kids here. Go learn how to be an adult first them come back here when you got a clue kid. And while you are at it go wash your mouth out with some toilet water.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Once you start off your point with an insult anything you say is completely irrelevant. Go learn how to be an adult first them come back here when you got a clue kid.
Sorry that I'm the one who had to burst your bubble.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Sorry that I'm the one who had to burst your bubble.
You didn't burst anything nor did you make a valid point. You just proved how childish you are.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
You didn't burst anything nor did you make a valid point. You just proved how childish you are.
It felt very good to fact-check you. There is nothing I love more than educating.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:28 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,091 times
Quote:
It felt very good to fact-check you. There is nothing I love more than educating.
You might want to fact check yourself.

In New York, statistics - especially crime stats - is a road fraught with problems. It may indeed be the case that many things are worse here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City