Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 02:59 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_A View Post
I know it's not the right thing to do, but again, I was tired of being stereotyped. If I connected with the right person, I would tell them eventually, but as it stands, I often tell people who inquire about my background that I was born in the U.S., but my family is from Ghana.
And when you meet people from Ghana or who have been to Ghana or West Africa you won't be able to say anything at all about Ghana, or your alleged ethnicity, or family religious background.

Its obvious you're trolling!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 03:03 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Well, black American guys for the most part are ignorant jerk*ffs. Hows that for a stereotype? So do yourself a huge favor. Do exactly what my beautiful black American wife did, marry a sweet, handsome, Italian guy with a rock hard body that knows how to love his black queen. Plenty of real white men out there that would adore you. Time to get with the swirl my lady.

Be who you are, never apologize for it and hold your head high. Nothing more beautiful on this planet then a strong, intelligent black woman that happens to be hot as well...
This woman is clearly no prize for any man of any race.

She's a nutcase with issues that any man with half a brain would run from screaming.

How is she going to look to any man when she lies about everything and he catches her in the lie?

Old 10-05-2015, 04:27 AM

57 posts, read 39,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
And when you meet people from Ghana or who have been to Ghana or West Africa you won't be able to say anything at all about Ghana, or your alleged ethnicity, or family religious background.

Its obvious you're trolling!
Actually, I completed a 1-year study abroad program in Accra, Ghana and have several Ghanaian friends back home. Also, I have traveled to several West African nations, as well as Europe. Though I am not completely fluent in Twi (Ghanaian/Akan language) I have basic conversational skills and can get by.

Also, I've been told that my Jollof rice is better than most.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:34 AM

Quote:

She's a nutcase with issues that any man with half a brain would run from screaming.

How is she going to look to any man when she lies about everything and he catches her in the lie?
I do not lie about everything. I have however decided to tell my colleagues (and others) when asked, that I'm Ghanaian American.

It's fine that you don't agree, but there's no need to call me a nutcase.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:27 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Take any new identity you like.

But please don't change your name to Lateesh, Kaneesha or any of the other eeshas.
And please don't go with an authentic African name.

Try FRENCH (It would help if you learned a little of the language.)

Quote:

that I'm Ghanaian American.
That may not have quite the cache' you think it does.

You might try "I'm descended from Thomas Jefferson?"

Last edited by Kefir King; 10-05-2015 at 07:46 AM..

Old 10-05-2015, 07:47 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,169 times
Quote:

I gave her a chance to see a different path, confidence in yourself is the start to a happy life. And thinking outside of the norms, not caring what others think or say goes with it. That being said, this could be as fake a poster as that1guy. Oh well, something to read and respond to as I sit on the porcelain throne.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:50 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post

Luckily for her, Ghana is not a French-speaking nation. English is the official language.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:54 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_A View Post
I do not lie about everything. I have however decided to tell my colleagues (and others) when asked, that I'm Ghanaian American.

It's fine that you don't agree, but there's no need to call me a nutcase.
Why did you start this thread then? You sound very comfortable with your decision, which is a little odd for someone so conflicted yesterday when you started the thread. I guess this a troll thread after all.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Take any new identity you like.

But please don't change your name to Lateesh, Kaneesha or any of the other eeshas.
And please don't go with an authentic African name.

That may not have quite the cache' you think it does.

You might try "I'm descended from Thomas Jefferson?"
Why would I have a name like "lateesh, kaneesha, etc?" -This is such a blatant stereotype.

I legally changed my name when I was 19. It's not that my former name was bad (officially, it's now my middle name), it's just that I preferred "Michelle."

And sorry, being of slave ancestry is not a good thing. It's actually very embarrassing.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:58 AM

372 posts, read 398,150 times
I'd rather not waste my time on people who are going to be nasty about who I am. Personally I don't see the point in lying about this sort of thing unless you're desperately craving acceptance whether it's genuine or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City