Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 12:53 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,291,752 times

Advertisements

Riverdale is a section of the Bronx.

Yeah, I said it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 05:09 PM

779 posts, read 1,003,418 times
Stop and frisk is wrong, until someone in your family gets shot in the face....That's when it becomes a real option..

How many more civilians, children and cops have to be killed by criminals with illegal guns before we stand up together for stop and frisk. If you aren't doing anything illegal then you shouldn't worry about getting frisked.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:28 PM

708 posts, read 1,059,489 times
The fake homeless people. I don't know for sure, of course, but I can surmise. If you're wearing nicer shoes than me, don't ask me for money. I go into the city at least twice a month. I walk from Penn Station to The Strand bookstore on 12th and Broadway, and then usually up to 59th St to Argosy. I see many obviously genuine homeless people, most of whom leave me alone. One may occasionally ask for a cigarette, but never money. Once I even saw a pregnant girl on her iPhone smoking with a sign saying she was homeless. I am usually compassionate, but there were so many things wrong with that picture. It always seems to be the younger, cleaner people who look like they just got off the train with me that harangue me for money. Since I'm not living there and seeing it everyday, maybe it's just me? Other than that, I love the city and have no problems with it.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:30 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NycLaidBack View Post
Stop and frisk is wrong, until someone in your family gets shot in the face....That's when it becomes a real option..

How many more civilians, children and cops have to be killed by criminals with illegal guns before we stand up together for stop and frisk. If you aren't doing anything illegal then you shouldn't worry about getting frisked.
Even with stop and frisk, people and cops were still getting shot on the streets of NYC. If NYC wants to do away with illegal guns. The city has limited options that need to be implemented.

Have the Port Authority Police Department check all vehicles for guns coming into NYC from the bridges and tunnels that straddle along Staten Island and Manhattan. Traffic will be a nightmare but hey saving lives for both liberals and fiscal conservitves is the main priority in this city.

Declare NYC a republic and secede from the union, start an anti 2nd amendment revolution and wait for federal response to bomb the living daylights out of NYC. NYC becomes a republic and outlaw all guns.

Beyond that I don't know any other suggestion for NYC to tackle gun control and murders except for precogs of minority report and precrime unit.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:50 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times
Quote:

Like bronxguyanese said, plenty of people were getting killed in NYC even when there was stop and frisk. Stop and frisk was drastically reduced in 2013 and eliminated in 2014, the murder rate fell both years.
And I have a HUGE problem with the bolded for a few reasons.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:30 PM

Politicians lie, numbers don't. Look at the crime stats rate before and after.

This is the result of Di Blasio trying to please every single race and religion in existence throughout NYC, he failed everyone miserably!

When you go through an airport, you lose all you're privacy rights imaginable. What's wrong with getting searched without provoking drama, if you look suspicious?

Old 10-29-2015, 09:22 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times
Quote:
Politicians lie, numbers don't. Look at the crime stats rate before and after.

This is the result of Di Blasio trying to please every single race and religion in existence throughout NYC, he failed everyone miserably!

When you go through an airport, you lose all you're privacy rights imaginable. What's wrong with getting searched without provoking drama, if you look suspicious?
Yeah the numbers don't lie, refer to my previous post

Going to an airport is not a routine thing for most people, and there's much more at stake with an airplane being flown than people walking around on the street. Are you white? If so, it's easy for you to say that knowing you won't get frisked, but if it actually happened to you while you were going about your business you'd be angry most likely.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:00 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:

exactly. this crime surge is because bratton, and de blasio have relaxed certain practices. right now, it's a criminals dream come true. no one's saying that there weren't any serious crime under kelly & bloomberg, but we're there outrageous numbers like this? no, because they had aggressive policing put into place. the cops shouldn't have stopped every minority in the hood, that wasn't the way to go. there should have been stops and frisks for suspicion beyond the burden of proof, not because certain people were wearing hoodies.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:07 PM

This was one of the most dangerous summers in Brooklyn in many years, from thursday through monday, shoot outs were a norm throughout East New York.

Saddest part is that Al Sharpton didn't lift a finger to condemn these type of daily incidents, fine let the criminals kill themselves, but what about the innocent people that were killed inbetween?

I've been stopped and frisked before on seveal occasions, I've matured since then, and nowadays I won't mind if a cop has to randomly go through my pockets, I have nothing to hide and I rather them find an illegal gun before we lose another innocent life.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:17 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
i think when someone is innocent of any wrongdoing, and they're getting repeatedly stopped by the cops for no reason, it becomes nerve wracking and annoying. i feel the cops need to learn how to be more precise and efficient. their policing is too sloppy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City