Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 05:44 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
BBM~~

Yeah...but the only problem with that logic is with each of those bankruptcy's ..the "Investors Money" was lost..and they were SOL...Hummmm Kind of like if Government owes money and going bankrupt ..the taxpayer's will end up paying out of their own pockets!

So I rather doubt those same folks who Trump ended up going bankrupt in those 4 cases..won't be going down Trump's "Yellow Brick Road" any time soon!
Poor bankers that lost out, I guess. Then maybe soon poor China that lost out, I guess. Why are so many anti-Trump liberals so pro-banker?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 05:56 PM

931 posts, read 801,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
BBM~~

Yeah...but the only problem with that logic is with each of those bankruptcy's ..the "Investors Money" was lost..and they were SOL...Hummmm Kind of like if Government owes money and going bankrupt ..the taxpayer's will end up paying out of their own pockets!

So I rather doubt those same folks who Trump ended up going bankrupt in those 4 cases..won't be going down Trump's "Yellow Brick Road" any time soon!
There is risk and any investment and investors/bankers knew going in as no investment is risk free or a slam dunk. Those investors knew that things can go south. You win some and you lose some. Thats life.

Trump has an excellent track record. So what he's had 4 bankruptcies in his entire career. What about the other numerous successful businesses he's had, do those not count? Trump has had way more successful businesses than not.

In baseball, you can strike out 70% of the time (.300 avg.) and wind up going to the hall of fame.

In Trump's case, he's batting .700-.800 avg. while building a $10 billion empire and the Trump haters focus on his 4 "strikeouts". What a bunch of lames!

Old 10-27-2015, 07:11 PM

593 posts, read 470,724 times
Trump's business record is far superior to that of Obama's. We all know how Obama's foray into venture capitalism went with the "investment" of taxpayer dollars into green energy companies such as Solyndra.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:33 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
We still don't know what Obama was successful at before being president. But we all know he's been unsuccessful since.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:44 PM
gqa

175 posts, read 153,000 times
Not everyone is a Trump hater but I bet the most of the same people who are Trump supporters would not be giving him the same credit for taking his father's money and his father's empire if he were lets say... Barack Obama? Then they would be singing a different story.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:23 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
I dont know if someone already mentioned this, but what you guys are failing to understand is how he grew that money.

He gets $1mil loan, uses that as collateral and down payment for another loan. Then uses that new loan as another collateral and down payment for yet another loan. This second loan is then used the same way, and the third loan as well. Etc, etc, this continues until he is where he is at.

Old 10-28-2015, 02:43 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,500 times
ain't nothing small bout that.

thats almost insulting.

Old 10-28-2015, 03:37 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Don't forget his share of his father's half billion death legacy. (I believe split 3 ways.)
When you have as much money as the Donald does 200 million (his estimated share) is pretty much pocket change.

Old 10-28-2015, 03:41 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
Donald Trump would not have received that "small loan" (small is relative) if he hadn't proved himself worthy. I knew some older people that lived in one of the buildings his father owned. They told me that young Donald fixed their plumbing a few times and that would do other repairs, and clean around in the building. The father had the children start from the bottom to learn how to operate the business. If his father didn't trust him, or he had proved to be lazy in his father's eyes he would never have received the loan. His father was strict. They said young Donald was very polite.
The Donald used to empty the change out of the buildings washing machines and dryers. Sure he came in a limo, but all a limo was back than was a stretched Cadillac. No biggie. I like Cadillac's of that era.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:48 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctc7 View Post
He shouldn't have said "small". But I thought Hillary saying she was flat broke and where was the money going to come from for mortgages was more galling.
Don't know what quote you are referring to but I do know Hilary's campaign is heavily financed by wall Street and that she does quite well for herself. Her claiming financial hardship is maybe a cheap attempt to score points with the plebs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: