Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2016, 05:29 AM

182 posts, read 220,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRockSays View Post
smh
Smfh

Old 04-13-2016, 08:01 AM

48 posts, read 71,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRockSays View Post
State tax return & bank statements are definitely ok. I swear this was just answered.
you can even just go to your bank and have them print out a letter saying you live where you live.. (in the event you have paperless bank statements)

Old 04-13-2016, 10:00 AM

173 posts, read 262,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSuperman View Post
I shake my head alot because there's alot of bias b.s. on this job.. but w.e.
If u actually got the complaint im pretty sure its automatic extension because on probation u cant fight a complaint..guys have been gettin extended for much less than complaints..your shop steward should have had that **** squashed in the first place..

Old 04-13-2016, 11:25 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,393,818 times
Sighhh

I don't know how many motherf***ing times we have to say this but the rule is simple....tell the truth on your arrest record and lie on your medical.

Now some idiot...let's call him George Diaz....well he went on a public dsny Facebook group of which the heads of the clinic are members and gave his name, his list and locations of injuries, his fears, his approximate list number...now his name is highlighted in shiny sparkling font and he's pretty much and automatic DQ. And the clinic guys were quick to tell him to divulge everything.

He was worried about scars like they're gonna take off hoods shirt lmao

I'm convinced more and more that the hiring process is designed just to weed out those who can't follow the advice of those who passed it already

Old 04-13-2016, 11:28 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,393,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSuperman View Post
Hey I have a question. So a sanworker at my garage got his probation extended 3 months today. He had 3 accidents and 1 sick I believe. Anywho, I'm also on probation and got my first complaint last month because safety caught me not wearing my seatbelt... Back in October when I was 2 months removed from FBF Smh. Back in Oct when it happened I wasn't the only one who got caught with no seatbelt others did too.. But I don't think they got complaints Smh. My garage Forman and shop Stewart's told the safety dude that I'm on probation and can he look away on this one.. meaning me. 25 minutes later this prick comes back with my CDL and just says "wear your seatbelt at all times rookie" and I'm like ok sir.. So I'm thinking all is good and it got swept under the rug.. or so I thought.. 5 months later the Super calls me into his office one random morning and hands me a complaint slip. No warning letter no nothing. I was shocked. Like it took 5 months Smfh.. So obviously the safety officer lied to my forman's face when he said he'd look the other way.. That's the situation now to the question. The San worker who got extended today told me there was another sanworker at Worth street that got extended 6 months.. for the same complaint as me. Now I'm thinking how you get extended 6 months for 1 complaint in 18 months? Not saying the seatbelt thing ain't serious but I think he's lying. I think he's tryna drag me into his misery. What do yall think? If I don't get anymore complaints for the remainder of my probation (I only have that one) will I be extended 6 months? Or extended at all for that matter? I figured worst would be 1 day suspension w/o pay. But Idk..

You can't get a complaint on probation because you can't fight it. It's almost a guaranteed extension....almost. Have you spoken to your stewards? Perhaps they can get them to hear the complaint after your probation. Safety complaints always take months to show up for some reason and you can't really fight them even off probation typically. It's tough now too cause you got a long way to go now with one strike. But I would definitely be talking to my steward right now

Old 04-13-2016, 12:03 PM

529 posts, read 727,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Sighhh

I don't know how many motherf***ing times we have to say this but the rule is simple....tell the truth on your arrest record and lie on your medical.

Now some idiot...let's call him George Diaz....well he went on a public dsny Facebook group of which the heads of the clinic are members and gave his name, his list and locations of injuries, his fears, his approximate list number...now his name is highlighted in shiny sparkling font and he's pretty much and automatic DQ. And the clinic guys were quick to tell him to divulge everything.

I'm convinced more and more that the hiring process is designed just to weed out those who can't follow the advice of those who passed it already
Don't give anymore advice. Just moves me closer and closer to getting on and retiring from my current job!!!

Old 04-13-2016, 12:25 PM

91 posts, read 115,988 times
Quote:
You can't get a complaint on probation because you can't fight it. It's almost a guaranteed extension....almost. Have you spoken to your stewards? Perhaps they can get them to hear the complaint after your probation. Safety complaints always take months to show up for some reason and you can't really fight them even off probation typically. It's tough now too cause you got a long way to go now with one strike. But I would definitely be talking to my steward right now

I did speak to my stewards and they said they'll handle it.. but they're not acting as aggressively as I would like. These safety officers/supervisors are p*ssies man. Like if you're gonna bang somebody, bang em to their face like a man.. And again my stewards aren't the best as I'm learning unfortunately.. This sh*t sucks..

Old 04-13-2016, 12:40 PM

80 posts, read 103,871 times
Quote:
Even if your complaints are not heard til after probation they are still on your final evaluation. So basically you are ****ed.

Old 04-13-2016, 12:59 PM

442 posts, read 813,591 times
Quote:
Sighhh

I saw that today and I laughed out loud. What answer is this guy even looking for???

Old 04-13-2016, 01:22 PM

529 posts, read 727,020 times
Man what page on Facebook. I want to laugh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City