Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2016, 05:54 PM

733 posts, read 724,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub718 View Post
Lol yea I worded it wrong. My daughter was bugging me. I'm taking 3 tomorrow. That site I was on I took the test like 30 times today. Air brakes had me messing up but I got it down now.
Nice ! Good luck

Old 04-29-2016, 05:42 AM

779 posts, read 1,003,900 times
Quote:
Anyone nervous about the endorsement test go to driving-test.org and take them over and over again till you get comfortable
Thank you for this site, it's really helpful.

I've been studying the book, and its just too much info. If I practice these online questions and exams, will it prepare me enough to walk in and pass?

BTW, best of luck on getting your permit today!

Old 04-29-2016, 07:29 AM

529 posts, read 727,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NycLaidBack View Post
Thank you for this site, it's really helpful.

I've been studying the book, and its just too much info. If I practice these online questions and exams, will it prepare me enough to walk in and pass?

BTW, best of luck on getting your permit today!
I got 2 questions wrong on tanker and air brakes. The passenger test I failed but I'm just getting school bus instead. And the security at the dmv in Jamaica almost got dragged across the table. I really don't like them lol if you don't like your job find a new one. Don't have to be a jerk so early in the am !!!

Old 04-29-2016, 10:35 AM

779 posts, read 1,003,900 times
Quote:
I got 2 questions wrong on tanker and air brakes. The passenger test I failed but I'm just getting school bus instead. And the security at the dmv in Jamaica almost got dragged across the table. I really don't like them lol if you don't like your job find a new one. Don't have to be a jerk so early in the am !!!
Good stuff bro!

I've been practicing the online tests throughout the morning and I'm learning a lot faster doing it through the practice exams.

My question is, if I just practice off of these online exams, would it be okay to put the cdl book aside? Will I be able to walk into the dmv and pass the permit from the online practice?

Old 04-29-2016, 10:37 AM

73 posts, read 118,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdogs View Post
I'm having nightmares of the past week lol

While I was waiting for my turn, once guy before me came back right away. He literally got around the block and he already failed. Never did find out what he messed up on but the DMV inspector didn't look happy.

My total test time was about 45 minutes
Wildogs, since you needed the passenger endorsement to practice on a bus and since passed your road test(congrats btw) do you now have to remove the passenger endorsement or no?

Old 04-29-2016, 10:45 AM

353 posts, read 471,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseOnaHill View Post
Wildogs, since you needed the passenger endorsement to practice on a bus and since passed your road test(congrats btw) do you now have to remove the passenger endorsement or no?
thanks
No you can have whatever endorsements you want on your license as far as I know. Sanitation only cares that you have TANKER and AIR BRAKES

someone on the job can correct me if im wrong

Old 04-29-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NycLaidBack View Post
Good stuff bro!

I've been practicing the online tests throughout the morning and I'm learning a lot faster doing it through the practice exams.

My question is, if I just practice off of these online exams, would it be okay to put the cdl book aside? Will I be able to walk into the dmv and pass the permit from the online practice?
honestly i would study the passenger and school bus from the book. thats the part i failed cause the site doesn't really go thru at like that. air brakes and tanker was a breeze.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:59 AM

just realized they got me at the dmv!!!! girl said i had to go to another dmv to retake the part i failed!!!! she lucky i was hungry and half asleep

Old 04-29-2016, 11:59 AM

92 posts, read 123,598 times
Road test tomorrow wish me luck!! Heard the first class is going to be july 11th so pre orientation letters should be coming soon!!

Old 04-29-2016, 01:39 PM

733 posts, read 724,209 times
Quote:
Was it a short light skin piece of s h I t ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City