Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2016, 08:03 PM

529 posts, read 727,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvosten View Post
I'll be in the July 11 class, the next class is in Aug then Sep.
You kinda confident over there. Make sure you pass your medical and blood

Old 05-18-2016, 08:55 PM

5 posts, read 4,503 times
To all the guys on the jobs, Im curious. After reading all the forums about processing. It's seem that the general consensus is that be completely honest on your background and paperwork but don't volunteer information at the medical. Leave it to them to find out something wrong with you. They can fired you the day before your probation ends is what I read on the exam 6063 because your background and paperwork is messed up but I've never heard anything about getting terminated for medical issues or not disclosing. Does DSNY not get into your medical like NYPD/FDNY does, or is it more lenient. I'm pretty sure alot of other people here are probably wondering the same thing. Be completely honest and risk medical review and DQed for the smallest reason or keep it to yourself and let them find out what's wrong with you and risk being fired. Thanks for any response.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:08 PM

101 posts, read 154,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmoney View Post
to all the guys on the jobs, im curious. After reading all the forums about processing. It's seem that the general consensus is that be completely honest on your background and paperwork but don't volunteer information at the medical. Leave it to them to find out something wrong with you. They can fired you the day before your probation ends is what i read on the exam 6063 because your background and paperwork is messed up but i've never heard anything about getting terminated for medical issues or not disclosing. Does dsny not get into your medical like nypd/fdny does, or is it more lenient. I'm pretty sure alot of other people here are probably wondering the same thing. Be completely honest and risk medical review and dqed for the smallest reason or keep it to yourself and let them find out what's wrong with you and risk being fired. Thanks for any response.
+1

Old 05-18-2016, 09:12 PM

101 posts, read 154,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvosten View Post
From what we were told today, it's a back X-Ray
I see. A detailed description will be appreciated after your medical processing

Old 05-18-2016, 09:32 PM

529 posts, read 727,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMoney View Post
To all the guys on the jobs, Im curious. After reading all the forums about processing. It's seem that the general consensus is that be completely honest on your background and paperwork but don't volunteer information at the medical. Leave it to them to find out something wrong with you. They can fired you the day before your probation ends is what I read on the exam 6063 because your background and paperwork is messed up but I've never heard anything about getting terminated for medical issues or not disclosing. Does DSNY not get into your medical like NYPD/FDNY does, or is it more lenient. I'm pretty sure alot of other people here are probably wondering the same thing. Be completely honest and risk medical review and DQed for the smallest reason or keep it to yourself and let them find out what's wrong with you and risk being fired. Thanks for any response.
Tell them everything....

Old 05-18-2016, 09:32 PM

73 posts, read 109,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Give it a shot, f*ck it. Just wish you gave being a sanman a real shot. You went about it the wrong way. You had enough seniority in places closer to home then you thought. No baskets or mlp anymore. Plenty BK garages with truck everyday, relays every night, even a damn tissue if you really wanted it. But that detached smartboard crap along with whatever else you were doing? Nahhh. And Staten Island on top of it with your time? Just not the way to go. As I said before, in person we probably would have a lot of fun bro, there is no animosity from me to you. I wish you luck.

This is for all junior guys and new guys coming on. If I didn't care I wouldn't post and I wouldn't be so blunt. There is no better job in this department then being a regular, straight up sanman. Period. You want money you work the truck. You like to drive and avoid picking up garbage, do relays. Your a really soft b*itch, yea get a tissue. In the end all of that is better then being a supervisor. And it ain't just me saying that, supervisors will say it 9 times out of 10.

Most of you will eat sh*t at first, that's life. Anything that is really worth it doesn't come easy. And the beginning is not easy. But it goes fast, and you will see how right I am. It gets better and better, and then it gets reallllllly good. Watch and learn boys and girls, best job in the city...

He couldn't have said it better, for all the guys coming on this summer. At first, if you are close to the bottom or even the bottom guy in your garage you are going to eat sh*t a lot. You will be bounced all over the place and maybe even thinking if the move to sanitation was a good one. I can tell you from personal experience as being a bottom guy in the Bronx and living in Brooklyn, driving 2 hours some days just to get to work to do mlp and baskets. But as time went on it got better and better, just stick with it. You guys are going to have a pay check for life plus health benefits for you and the family for life also. It really is a great job.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:30 PM

733 posts, read 724,245 times
What defines a good partner ?

Old 05-18-2016, 10:58 PM

73 posts, read 109,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usrl1967 View Post
What defines a good partner ?
Seriously?? Someone who pulls their own weight on the route,you get along with,laugh, knows how to drive ,someone who you don't wanna blow your brains out by the end of the shift and make those 8 hrs feel like 8 years.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:15 PM

733 posts, read 724,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 shorts and a long View Post
Seriously?? Someone who pulls their own weight on the route,you get along with,laugh, knows how to drive ,someone who you don't wanna blow your brains out by the end of the shift and make those 8 hrs feel like 8 years.
Gotcha .. I just wanted you guys otj to comment to see the diffrent opinions ... I've been doing garbage for a while and everyone is different .. You get partners that don't want you to come out at all and some that want you to come out all the time ...some love to stop for tea all night long some just want to get the night over with

Old 05-19-2016, 03:23 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,969,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub718 View Post
Tell them everything....
DO tell them everything about background/criminal history etc.

DONT tell them anything pertaining to medical. (Unless you want to instantly disqualify yourself)

When I went on the paperwork when it ask if you've ever broken any bones, I answered yes and wrote that I had broken my hand in 2009, 4 full years before I was in processing. My hand is absolutely fine.
I had to go get second x rays and my processing was put on hold due to it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City