Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 07:33 AM

92 posts, read 123,614 times

Advertisements

Pre orientation tomorrow... list nbr low 500s

Old 05-31-2016, 11:53 AM

22 posts, read 23,026 times
mikiedee, keep us posted

Old 05-31-2016, 12:33 PM

16 posts, read 17,573 times
Hello All. Wish everyone a best memorial day. Just wanna share some news with you, i was cleared by medical today. Im a disabled vet so i had to disclose my injuries because theres record of it. But long story short having knee surgery isnt an automatic disqualifier. Im service connected for knee. I came in prepared with my documentation from my personal doctor, letters from my current job doctor saying im full duty. DSNY wanted xrays of the knees. And that was it, heard i good to go today. My buddy who ia also going thru the process is also a Disabled Vet and he cleared too..Just wanted to give my fellow vets some inspiration and hope because i know the first 250s are all Vets or Disable Vet. Hooah!

Old 05-31-2016, 12:49 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,469,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooahFollowMe View Post
Hello All. Wish everyone a best memorial day. Just wanna share some news with you, i was cleared by medical today. Im a disabled vet so i had to disclose my injuries because theres record of it. But long story short having knee surgery isnt an automatic disqualifier. Im service connected for knee. I came in prepared with my documentation from my personal doctor, letters from my current job doctor saying im full duty. DSNY wanted xrays of the knees. And that was it, heard i good to go today. My buddy who ia also going thru the process is also a Disabled Vet and he cleared too..Just wanted to give my fellow vets some inspiration and hope because i know the first 250s are all Vets or Disable Vet. Hooah!
Congrats!!! And thanks for your service!

Question how did they notify you that you were good to go? Phone Call? How long did it take from the time you went through your medical exam?

I assume you are in July's class??

Old 05-31-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Congrats!!! And thanks for your service!

Question how did they notify you that you were good to go? Phone Call? How long did it take from the time you went through your medical exam?

I assume you are in July's class??
I had to come in today for a Pulse (not BP) recheck because it was a little high last time. And then they send my folder upstair. Got a phone call from a nurse later, telling me that the Director review it and the only thing i needed was a clearance note from my doctor about my pulse eventhough i passed it today with them.

So i ask if thats the only thing missing, is everything else is good to go, i ask about my knee and she said, they reviewed it and the xray and everything is fine, if not they would require additonal documents.

I would be in the july class but i will defer it till September. Im trying to enjoy my summer instead of having to work. Im not losing any seniority because they will end up retroing my time

Old 05-31-2016, 01:45 PM

92 posts, read 123,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunther124 View Post
mikiedee, keep us posted
Will do sir..... my friend went today he was done at like 12... his medical is scheduled for the 6th.. to prove residency they just took the 1st page of his 2014 ny state income tax,he filled out a few papers and he was good to go. One thing he did mention was that you schedule your own class for the CDL training. Just a reminder if that was mentioned earlier i dont remember

Old 05-31-2016, 01:56 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,469,033 times
Quote:
I had to come in today for a Pulse (not BP) recheck because it was a little high last time. And then they send my folder upstair. Got a phone call from a nurse later, telling me that the Director review it and the only thing i needed was a clearance note from my doctor about my pulse eventhough i passed it today with them.

So i ask if thats the only thing missing, is everything else is good to go, i ask about my knee and she said, they reviewed it and the xray and everything is fine, if not they would require additonal documents.

I would be in the july class but i will defer it till September. Im trying to enjoy my summer instead of having to work. Im not losing any seniority because they will end up retroing my time
Thanks for the information sir.
If you don't mind me asking, what was your BP at the time of the BP test? did they make mention of what they may consider a failing number?

Old 05-31-2016, 02:19 PM

193 posts, read 416,945 times
Quote:

You could be in july class, but will defer till sept and you think you will not lose seniority??? Why do you think that?

Old 05-31-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeydsnyqnsw View Post
You could be in july class, but will defer till sept and you think you will not lose seniority??? Why do you think that?
Because im currently on military duty at my unit, so if i miss the july class they would retroactively appoint me to that hiring date. This happens all the time, DCAS has a whole unit that deals with it. Its called RetroActive Military Senority. All u gotta do is bring in your paperwork, they will review it and issue u and your agency a letter stating what your appointment date is by law. Too easy soldier..

Old 05-31-2016, 02:41 PM

73 posts, read 109,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Thanks for the information sir.
If you don't mind me asking, what was your BP at the time of the BP test? did they make mention of what they may consider a failing number?
Yes, you probably won't loose seniority as in the time you need to retire, but you are going to loose day to day seniority over guys, meaning if you go into the the September class all the guys from July and August will have you beat, it don't sound like much but trust me, when you are on baskets or mlp when you see you could have been on the truck or relays, you are going to kick yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City