Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2015, 06:12 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,968,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgeorgee View Post
Here we go again..!! SMH
Just ignore him man, eventually he'll get tired of talking to himself

Old 10-28-2015, 07:41 AM

712 posts, read 1,206,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
Just ignore him man, eventually he'll get tired of talking to himself
I know it's the same B.S. Anyway I got question

Being that I passed the physical does dcas send a letter in the mail?.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:56 AM

779 posts, read 1,003,418 times
Since there are guys who took the physical since 10/13 and haven't recieved anything as of yet, I'm assuming they'll wait till everyone takes it through November and send it out all at once.

Don't forget with the vet credit check going on and some who are failing the physical, the list #'s will be updated by February when it becomes officially eligible, the waiting game has no time frame...

Old 10-28-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgeorgee View Post
I know it's the same B.S. Anyway I got question

Being that I passed the physical does dcas send a letter in the mail?.
Yes you will eventually get something in the mail to say you passed.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:33 AM

529 posts, read 726,837 times
So they will reorder the list?

Old 10-28-2015, 08:48 AM

779 posts, read 1,003,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub718 View Post
So they will reorder the list?
I would hope so, but I don't think I ever seen or heard of that happening.

As they update which list number theyre up to, we won't know who they DQ'd or skipped, it'll just seem like they went though 10 ppl quick, but really 5 got processed and 5 got DQ'd....

Also, for several years I been following many lists that I was on, whenever a new list comes out, they throw out the old one thats been out right away, IDK why they have the current list active through 02/2016.

Politics I tell ya!

Old 10-28-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NycLaidBack View Post

As they update which list number theyre up to, we won't know who they DQ'd or skipped, it'll just seem like they went though 10 ppl quick, but really 5 got processed and 5 got DQ'd....

Also, for several years I been following many lists that I was on, whenever a new list comes out, they throw out the old one thats been out right away, IDK why they have the current list active through 02/2016.

Politics I tell ya!
Yea that's confusing. If no more classes being called why still have the list until February?

Old 10-28-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NycLaidBack View Post

Politics I tell ya!
Politics?...

Let's step back and think about resort for a second.... Let's say they did it your way and as soon as 5001 list came out (sept 2015) 6063 list was no longer valid....

Now all of a sudden 800 employees decide to retire (if they have their time in the dpet can't stop them because they're short staffed... Now what do you do with the shortage, since none of the 5001 list guys are processed to start employment.... You have to administer the physical, medical, processing, training of the new guys... A process that takes a long time... 6months+... So you need ready qualified people as soon as the old list expires.

To accommodate this they start processing new candidates from the new list while the old list is active,... So once February 2016 comes and 6063 expires, they will have guys ready to be hired from 5001

Old 10-28-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub718 View Post
Yea that's confusing. If no more classes being called why still have the list until February?
Because they can call a class whenever the need arises!!

Remember there are no set hiring times or class amounts, they can do a class every month for the year, or zero classes for 3 years... It all depends on the manpower needs of Dept and the approval from the city...

If more guys retire, more classes, if the city approves a larger workforce for some new programs, more hires...

If less guys retire, less hires... If the city cuts the numbers of the workforce and cuts programs, less hires...

The whole 4 classes a year during the summer is just an estimate... They could end up putting in a class in December if they really needed to... There is no certainty this was the last class of this test... It's just the last approved class for now.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
Because they can call a class whenever the need arises!!

Remember there are no set hiring times or class amounts, they can do a class every month for the year, or zero classes for 3 years... It all depends on the manpower needs of Dept and the approval from the city...

If more guys retire, more classes, if the city approves a larger workforce for some new programs, more hires...

If less guys retire, less hires... If the city cuts the numbers of the workforce and cuts programs, less hires...

The whole 4 classes a year during the summer is just an estimate... They could end up putting in a class in December if they really needed to... There is no certainty this was the last class of this test... It's just the last approved class for now.
Thanks for clearing that up. Option A would be best lol. More retire and larger workforce needed.

But then that cuts into guys overtime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City