Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 07:46 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,772,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I agree. The increase of white people is definitely noticeable. And with the current projects going on that is only going to further increase. Many of the white people are just Poles, Albanians, Romanians and other Eastern Europeans coming down from upper Ridgewood.
I'm not talking about those types of white. I'm talking about young transplants. All you have to do is stay in the station at like 11pm Friday and Saturday night to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 10:20 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullnyc View Post
I live off the myrtle wycoff stop for the last 6yrs and your numbers are off and sadly it continues to get whiter, for better or worse.
Anon for years wanted to deny gentrification was taking places in Bedstuy or Bushwick, because he is from Bushwick and hated the thought of it gentrifying. The fact he begrudgingly now admits any gentrification is taking place in those neighborhoods is telling.

As for East New York, Brownsville, and Canarsie gentrifying I think Bushwick and Bedstuy would have to fully gentrify first. That may take 20 years. It's possible that the city and the federal government may one day move the people in the housing projects out to wherever.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:22 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Yeah I get confused between the two due to the fact I go see an female friend near Junction Boulevard in Queens. But yeah when visiting my aunt in Bushwick, I notice as the train approaches Broadway Junction there are no transient types. I ate some Popeyes chicken around there too. Very hood and industrial. It may attract some urban pioneers.
For whites who are outright starving artists, they may end up moving to the area first. They and gay whites tend to be the first to move to busted up areas or hoods because they can't afford any place nice.

But these days the city doesn't discriminate in housing/NYCHA placements so welfare/Section 8 whites are now being placed in Brownsville/East New York in part because it's really hard to find places for people on welfare programs in Manhattan, Western Brooklyn, or Western Queens.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:14 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Anon for years wanted to deny gentrification was taking places in Bedstuy or Bushwick, because he is from Bushwick and hated the thought of it gentrifying. The fact he begrudgingly now admits any gentrification is taking place in those neighborhoods is telling.

As for East New York, Brownsville, and Canarsie gentrifying I think Bushwick and Bedstuy would have to fully gentrify first. That may take 20 years. It's possible that the city and the federal government may one day move the people in the housing projects out to wherever.
Why do trolls enter city-data? For the record, no one believes you about your so-called education. When someone opens their mouth and majority of the time all they do is babble and speak utter garbage with no fact checking whatsoever... that's clearly not the sign of an intelligent man. You discuss neighborhoods and debate topics you have no knowledge of. Only a fool would do something like that on a public forum. You're simply a contrarian who enjoys arguing for the sake of arguing. For the record, my location is right on the stats above my post on the right side. I don't live in Bushwick and have no interest in Bushwick. That said, I know the area very well and while no one denies the changes, it's the exaggerations which border the ridiculous that need to be put down. That's what I'm here for.

@silverbullnyc, I feel like because you work in Real estate, your view is a slightly distorted one. It's like when I was working as a teacher in a JHS talking about the gangs in the neighborhood. I saw it on a daily basis and we were told constantly how to handle these students, what the beads, bracelets, hats, sneakers, etc. meant, so you obviously tend to assume things are worse than they are.

The reality is, on a typical work day, once you pass Myrtle/Wyckoff (not the station itself, but once you pass it) i.e. Halsey, Wilson, Bushwick/Aberdeen Broadway Junction, etc. the numbers become 90-95% Black/Hispanic. I will stand by that statement. And for the record majority of the white people that you see get off at Myrtle/Wyckoff are the eastern euro's heading to take the M train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City