Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 06:52 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,969,365 times

Advertisements

Absolutely disgusting what's going on In the FDNY... I went through the pre employment process this year and when you do it you go through with people around your list number... In any event I had the pleasure of having one of these "priority hires" around for most of my process...during one event, which is basically a crawl through a touch tunnel... He straight up refused to go in because "it's too dark and I don't like tight spaces"... This man was allowed to continue !!!! Are they out of their minds?! Yet if I would fail at any step even once, I would be skipped and DQ off the list...this female FF should never even been admitted to the academy let alone given a job, she's a liability to the entire city... And all you bleeding heart liberals, I hope your house is the one on fire when SHE gets the call... Hopefully none of her fellow firefighters get hurt do to her being unfit for the job...if she goes out on 3/4 the damn judge should be forced to pay her disability for the rest of her life...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 08:24 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
Absolutely disgusting what's going on In the FDNY... I went through the pre employment process this year and when you do it you go through with people around your list number... In any event I had the pleasure of having one of these "priority hires" around for most of my process...during one event, which is basically a crawl through a touch tunnel... He straight up refused to go in because "it's too dark and I don't like tight spaces"... This man was allowed to continue !!!! Are they out of their minds?! Yet if I would fail at any step even once, I would be skipped and DQ off the list...this female FF should never even been admitted to the academy let alone given a job, she's a liability to the entire city... And all you bleeding heart liberals, I hope your house is the one on fire when SHE gets the call... Hopefully none of her fellow firefighters get hurt do to her being unfit for the job...if she goes out on 3/4 the damn judge should be forced to pay her disability for the rest of her life...
Her foot is broken so she isn't getting sent out anywhere.........

Old 11-23-2015, 08:49 AM

1,602 posts, read 1,914,784 times
This is disgusting. I'm a strong female, and I think I should be granted the opportunity to test for these jobs, if I so choose, but if I cannot meet the physical standards, ie, I can't do the job, then I shouldn't be able to have the job!!!! This woman is a disgrace. I'm pretty far from a feminist (mostly because feminist rhetoric is annoying AF), and **** like this is why. Equal opportunity my ass.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:24 AM

2,465 posts, read 2,762,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dun View Post
it's funny how affirmative action has created more discrimination. stuff like this is going to do nothin but divide the department. whats the point of having standards anymore? lets give a ff's position to a 5 year old, shall we. she's 10 days on the job and gets top pay, whereas others had to work their way up there. max age to become a firefighter is 30 (if im not mistaken) ....shes 40. minorities are gettin points for being minorites - it's ridiculous. also a smack in the face for women who actually passed the required tests.

im sick and tired of this PC culture that we live in. its a crime to be a white male nowadays. they say im privileged. where the hell is my privileged then? i dont have anything to do with the past oppression so why should i pay? there was an article last year about a black ff who was scared to enter burning buildings. lmfao! really? thats the equivalent of you callin 911 and them saying "sry not today" and hangin up on you. he an obvious danger to himself, his team and society as a whole. i guess ppl are going to have to die in order for us to get this right...

You missed the part where she took the exam in 1999/2000 and it was deemed she was in the select group that were discriminated against. So while she is over the age limit, she wasn't back when she first tested.

That being said, it's a shame she was graduated on her 3rd attempt.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:16 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,969,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Her foot is broken so she isn't getting sent out anywhere.........
What's your point? Obviously when her foot heals she will be back to full duty and putting all residents in her zone as well as her co workers at risk

Old 11-23-2015, 02:52 PM
dun dun started this thread

193 posts, read 226,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
You missed the part where she took the exam in 1999/2000 and it was deemed she was in the select group that were discriminated against. So while she is over the age limit, she wasn't back when she first tested.

That being said, it's a shame she was graduated on her 3rd attempt.
in the heat of the moment i automatically assumed 99/00 was the first time she failed...maybe thats incorrect tho

Old 11-23-2015, 03:13 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,609,958 times
She doesn't deserve to be on the force, hell she didn't deserve to have the desk job at top pay. The people who should be on that desk job should be firefighters who are on modified duty due to an injury or whatever the case is.

I'm sorry, but we need to stop dumbing down things just for the sake of. I remember I took the police test when I was 16 and passed with a 90 and only studied for 1 day. There were minorities at the same time crying the test was too hard. Umm no, it's called if you want something that badly, you work hard for it, like study and prepare yourself.

This woman once she's back on duty will just get injured again or refuse to do something she's required to do. Or worse, cause injury and harm to others.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:08 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,689,104 times
All excellent points. John Q Public will have to pay for this social engineering. CUNY= open admissions. ( Kids having to take HS courses in order to matriculate into school) Specialized schools such BX Science or Stuyvesant do not represent a certain "Number". All civil service jobs dumbed down or watered down. At the end of the day the tax payer pays for all of it. Also what the powers at be don't grasp in terms of civil service jobs. They end up getting dumb people straight across the boards. All races and gender.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:53 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,750,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
"Since she was injured on duty, she is eligible for a disability pension that would pay three-quarters of her annual salary, tax-free, if deemed unfit to return."

*WTF*!

This city is doomed.

Some minority chick who *NEVER* should have been allowed into much less out of the academy but for that interfering liberal/Democrat judge is going to collect bank for the rest of her life? All on the NYC taxpayer's dime? Stick a fork in it; the FDNY is done. When de Boob and the liberals finish with it the thing will be just like the NYPD.
And to top that off she will be eligible for SSDI as well.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:02 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,750,401 times
I'm sorry but this job is just not for females. They just don't have the upper body strength to do something like this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBdS1QV3lII
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City