Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 07:45 PM
dun dun started this thread

193 posts, read 226,183 times

Advertisements

Firefighter who flunked physical injured 10 days into job | New York Post

"The FDNY then gave her a desk job and kept her on the payroll at top firefighter salary, $76,488. She made $81,376 with overtime in 2014 and entered her third class this summer."

and they said the american dream is dead...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 08:17 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
I admire her dedication, she kept trying but it seems as though she may not be the best fit for the position. Its a hard physical job and I don't think they should let anyone sneak by.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I admire her dedication, she kept trying but it seems as though she may not be the best fit for the position. Its a hard physical job and I don't think they should let anyone sneak by.
it's funny how affirmative action has created more discrimination. stuff like this is going to do nothin but divide the department. whats the point of having standards anymore? lets give a ff's position to a 5 year old, shall we. she's 10 days on the job and gets top pay, whereas others had to work their way up there. max age to become a firefighter is 30 (if im not mistaken) ....shes 40. minorities are gettin points for being minorites - it's ridiculous. also a smack in the face for women who actually passed the required tests.

im sick and tired of this PC culture that we live in. its a crime to be a white male nowadays. they say im privileged. where the hell is my privileged then? i dont have anything to do with the past oppression so why should i pay? there was an article last year about a black ff who was scared to enter burning buildings. lmfao! really? thats the equivalent of you callin 911 and them saying "sry not today" and hangin up on you. he an obvious danger to himself, his team and society as a whole. i guess ppl are going to have to die in order for us to get this right...

Old 11-22-2015, 09:01 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
Hopefully she will go out on 3/4s before any real firefighters get hurt because of her.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:31 PM

19,029 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Well we all know why and how she was hired... Oops, can't say that! I just created an unsafe space!

Old 11-22-2015, 11:12 PM

31,896 posts, read 26,926,466 times
"Since she was injured on duty, she is eligible for a disability pension that would pay three-quarters of her annual salary, tax-free, if deemed unfit to return."

*WTF*!

This city is doomed.

Some minority chick who *NEVER* should have been allowed into much less out of the academy but for that interfering liberal/Democrat judge is going to collect bank for the rest of her life? All on the NYC taxpayer's dime? Stick a fork in it; the FDNY is done. When de Boob and the liberals finish with it the thing will be just like the NYPD.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:58 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
"It was Doirin-Holder’s third attempt to pass the academy. She failed midway through an academy class in 2013 and returned to her former job as an EMT. Two other female priority hires in that class did well."

The fire department is not done. What all of you conveniently refuse to acknowledge is that the women who passed the physical exam did fine.

This lady failed the exam and basically FELL and broke her food. So it would seem she's clumsy and unfit for the job personally.

But diversifying the fire department DID NOT cause this to happen and the new hirees are fine.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
"It was Doirin-Holder’s third attempt to pass the academy. She failed midway through an academy class in 2013 and returned to her former job as an EMT. Two other female priority hires in that class did well."

The fire department is not done. What all of you conveniently refuse to acknowledge is that the women who passed the physical exam did fine.

This lady failed the exam and basically FELL and broke her food. So it would seem she's clumsy and unfit for the job personally.

But diversifying the fire department DID NOT cause this to happen and the new hirees are fine.
ok i'll bite. What did cause this to happen?

Old 11-23-2015, 06:16 AM

19,029 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

FORCED diversification (hmm... Wherehave I said that before?) absolutely will destroy the department. This woman was unqualified from the start, yet was allowed to pass due to the FORCED diversification scheme the FDNY is currently mandated to exexute.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:38 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,537,213 times
Affirmative action is all fine and dandy until your ass gets burned in a fire because of unqualified firefighters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City