Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2015, 07:27 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Than why are the middle class leaving NYC, and why is the middle class declining in NYC? If Middle class people are doing better because they don't need to drive, why is the middle class going down the tubes here? Gosh if I had an Ivy League degree, I would not think about such correlation. Texas is the new California, in the next 50 years it too will go bust like California. NYS and NYC also went through it was well.
Texas will not go bust.

You just want it to.

you're hoping and wishing it does, having orgasms and jumping for golly joy that it does. Just like you want New York to gentrify 50 times over.

You are jumping for a kid like cake and candy for the beautiful land of the Lone Star to break.

But It won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
There was a huge article in last Sunday's New York Times Business section about Chinese buying up large areas of Texas. You can read a bulk of it here: Chinese cash floods North Texas with developments in a national trend | Dallas Morning News
The Chinese are buying up everywhere, including Canada, Africa, and Latin America. Nothing new.

Who ever wants Texas can have it.

They'll be eating Texas booty like groceries while New York remains the core financial center of the U.S.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:35 PM

1,998 posts, read 1,881,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
There was a huge article in last Sunday's New York Times Business section about Chinese buying up large areas of Texas. You can read a bulk of it here: Chinese cash floods North Texas with developments in a national trend | Dallas Morning News
Texas is dirty cheap, even middle class Chinese from china can afford it. I am sure people in the fly over states would be shocked at discovering what people in the projects pay for public housing. I would add FHA plays an important role in affordability, it is much easier to live in texas given all the properties that qualify for purchase for as little as 3.5% down payment.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
Texas is dirty cheap, even middle class Chinese from china can afford it. I am sure people in the fly over states would be shocked at discovering what people in the projects pay for public housing.
They would not be surprised. People also forget clothing, food, and lots of other expenses are actually higher there than other parts of the country.

Much of the south is cheap, including Texas.

A lot of it IS DIRT literally...like dirt roads and all.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:43 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Texas will not go bust.

You just want it to.

you're hoping and wishing it does, having orgasms and jumping for golly joy that it does. Just like you want New York to gentrify 50 times over.

You are jumping for a kid like cake and candy for the beautiful land of the Lone Star to break.

But It won't.
Lol, I don't want NYC to gentrify 50 times over. NYwriterdude says that stuff. Come on.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:43 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,091 times
Quote:
The Chinese are buying up everywhere, including Canada, Africa, and Latin America. Nothing new.

Who ever wants Texas can have it.

They'll be eating Texas booty like groceries while New York remains the core financial center of the U.S.

This is only significant for people who work in finance, and increasingly not even them.
People with the more significant positions are working virtually and living elsewhere - by choice.
As a family we are becoming an exception. Those employers, and increasingly institutions, will pay for people to come to New York whenever they want.

I have a theory that New York as real site will be left for interns and people-in-training, excepting Columbia. Which was always kind of an island.

Granted, the choice is often Berlin or London.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Lol, I don't want NYC to gentrify 50 times over. NYwriterdude says that stuff. Come on.

Lmaooooooo.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:46 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,091 times
Quote:
Texas will not go bust.
What would "bust" be ?

Old 12-01-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
What would "bust" be ?
An economic orgasm or bubble....aww cmon you know.

The ones that get developers pants wet.

Even academic terms won't suffice...lololol.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:55 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
This video explains NY, California and Texas, and how which one of these states can be a model for economic development for the rest of the country. So far those on this agreed that NY fell off. As for California in my opinion, its saving grace is the tech industry in the Bay Area which is helping to create the future. When I turn old, I would eat my Will and Testament if Florida passes the state of NY economically which also includes NYC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-tDoU5_G1I
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City