Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 01:03 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,500,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
can i take the airport shuttle to get to the correct terminal?
Yes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 01:06 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,615,716 times
im behind the times i havent an inkling if how uber works. being on lacosamide makes the slightest task feel like too much.

Old 11-28-2015, 01:27 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,209,092 times
Quote:
this overwhelms me i hate the sound of it, flights getting changed 4 hours before the flight. i always get to the airport 4 hrs before the flight so chances are i will get to the wrong terminal. how would i arrange the text msg, just call delta on the phone?
When I bought the ticket online I put in my phone number and email address in the contact information so if you did then you should be fine.
I understand you may have a bit of anxiety but you to just think these are things you have no control over and to just go with it. If you are already at the airport and something changes no worries, you are right there and will have plenty of time to make your flight.
In my case the only thing that changed was the gate which meant a different terminal.

Old 11-28-2015, 01:34 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,615,716 times
if i didnt give delta my cell # can i just give them my cell # instead? lacosamide makes one very anxious

Old 11-28-2015, 01:51 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,209,092 times
Quote:
if i didnt give delta my cell # can i just give them my cell # instead? lacosamide makes one very anxious
Oh sorry I'm not aware of the effects of the medication.
Yes I would suggest you just call up delta and say you would like them to add you cell phone to your account for any notifications and updates regarding your flight.
Also at 24 hours before you flight you check in online and they can then send the boarding pass right to your phone. You also choose your seat at that time. If you aren't checking any bags in, you just arrive at the airport and go right through security and show them your phone showing the boarding pass. Delta remodeled a few years ago and have a nice relaxing terminal. With plenty of outlets and iPad for people to use. So if you do arrive 4 hours early at least its a nicer terminal.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:59 PM

107 posts, read 85,215 times
Quote:
Delta operates from terminal a b d and the marine airterminal at laguardia ive always used airtran which leaves from trm b but on 12/26 im using delta listen things are not going so well for me as im on antiseizure meds which make me feel lousy and can give me panic attacks when things dont go so well

the morning of 12/26 im taking access a ride or a private cab to laguardia.

the meds shunt my thought processes. if i end up at the incorrect terminal can i take a cab or airport shuttle to the correct terminal? this used to be so ez for me but now im like jack lemmon in the out of towners

From what I know, taking Access a Ride typically goes well when you are going to the airport, so long as you tell them the right airline, terminal, and that you are going to departures. Tell them you need to be there at least an hour and a half before your plane is scheduled to take off. Also, ask for assistance getting to your gate at the check-in counter; that can simplify things for you and minimize stress.

It is when you return to New York that things are likely to get more difficult, though LaGuardia is less problematic than JFK or Newark Liberty International. If taking a cab home is a feasible option for you, I suggest you use it. That way you don't have to wait indefinitely for a late AAR driver, worry about them looking for you at some location other than where you are and then saying you were not there, or get anxious if your plane lands later than expected. Also, picking you up from the airport can sometimes be much more challenging than dropping you off because security hardly let's them sit still long enough to connect with you. Again, plan to get assistance when you deplane, tell them you want to go where the taxis are, and get one.

Hope the trip is for pleasure and that you have an enjoyable time from beginning to end.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:21 PM

107 posts, read 85,215 times
e[quote=rlrl;42091765]Delta operates from terminal a b d and the marine airterminal at laguardia ive

I checked with Delta, and they said you can call upto 48 hours prior to your flight to find out which terminal you'll have to go to. You can call them anytime if you want to ask any questions or update your information. Keep your reservation # handy, and that will make your telephone conversations and any requests you make go smoother.

Uber is certainly a good idea, but if you are uncomfortable with using it, you probably have companies you deal with in your neighborhood already. If you choose to use one of them instead of AAR when you leave home, just tell them your destination and schedule them in advance if you can, or at least get the rate they will charge you ahead of time. When you return, there is a designated area where cabbies must pick up passengers, and there is usually someone there organizing everything and helping to ensure you don't get ripped off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City