Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2015, 06:46 PM

11 posts, read 15,029 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I've accepted a job in the upper west (160s) side but plan on living in the upper east (low 70s) side. How bad would my commute be? I currently live in another state and drive 10 mins to work so seeing that it would take me about 45-50mins via public transport ( I will sell my car prior to moving) sort of worries me. While speaking to the management company about this I was told there are people that do that commute but I just find that I might get really tired of spending that much time on the road. Is this a typical commute time? What's your average commute? Anyone doing this?

I would love to stay downtown west but it's painfully expensive and plus my housing would be cheaper (300-600, but more amenities and more space) if I stayed in the upper east side because it's work housing. I don't have to use a broker either so I don't have to worry about that expense.

Also, I have read much about the east vs west and uptown vs downtown. I'm single 30F, would I be bored to death in the upper east side? those that live there how do you like it?

Would spending more in the areas that I'd like to live in - Chelsea, West Village, Soho- be worth having a tighter budget? Would it be a drag to go downtown on a weekend?

I know a lot of questions 😁... I hope this is not a question that has been asked multiple times, as I tried a search and couldn't find much. Thank you for answering!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 06:50 PM

11 posts, read 15,029 times
I didn't know this posted.... I posted another one with a full title. Can a moderator delete this post? Or tell me how to. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City