Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 03:10 AM

410 posts, read 1,676,077 times

Advertisements

Great Game and long time coming. Seems many Texan Fans were rooting for the Giants.
My Giant-Tee shirt is back on today....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 03:35 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,195 times
Congratulations Giant fans, the Giants thoroughly dominated play and deserved to win!!!! Besides,the Patriots didnt deserve to be unbeaten, they were beat by Baltimore but the refs gave them the game. Also, Belichick, Moss, and Harrison are all jerks and the Patriots CHEAT!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 08:29 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
I've always said that when you put Eli in good weather; he's one of the best in the league. Put him in cold, rain or snow; he's one of the worst in the league. This game was in Arizona and he was just on tonight.

I'm anti-Brady, but I am a Giants fan. Wasn't a mismatch of teams for once. This was exciting. Let's start a dynasty.

Go Giants!

Old 02-04-2008, 09:21 AM

1,542 posts, read 6,040,566 times
how sweet was this win?!? as a giants fan, this was probably the most satisfying of the three championships the giants have won in my lifetime. actually, each of the playoff wins this season proved to be incredibly satisfying. what a playoff run. and what a way to stick it to brady, belichick & co.

seeing everyone go nuts in the bar as the giants won last night was awesome. then passing through the east side and times square afterward and seeing everyone spilled out on the street, hooting and hollering while cars honked their horns, was unbelievable as well.

seriously, this win was, without question, one of the most exhilarating moments in nyc sports history.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:25 AM

1,542 posts, read 6,040,566 times
how sweet was this win?!? as a giants fan, this was probably the most satisfying of the three championships the giants have won in my lifetime. actually, each of the playoff wins this season proved to be incredibly satisfying. what a playoff run. and what a way to stick it to brady, belichick & co.

seeing everyone go nuts in the bar as the giants won last night was awesome. then passing through the east side and times square afterward and seeing everyone spilled out on the street, hooting and hollering while cars honked their horns, was unbelievable as well.

seriously, this win was, without question, one of the most exhilarating moments in nyc sports history.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:36 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I've always said that when you put Eli in good weather; he's one of the best in the league. Put him in cold, rain or snow; he's one of the worst in the league. This game was in Arizona and he was just on tonight.

I'm anti-Brady, but I am a Giants fan. Wasn't a mismatch of teams for once. This was exciting. Let's start a dynasty.

Go Giants!

This isn't exactly true anymore, is it??? Did you catch the NFC Championship game? Not exactly balmy and Eli led the Giants to a huge victory at Lambeau

Old 02-04-2008, 10:14 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,633,692 times
Congrats to the Giants and their fans. I'm a Eagles fan (yeah there are Eagles fans in NYC!!), but this is good for the Metro area. Great to see a team from NYC (as well a NJ) win something. With the Mets not making the post-season (still heartbroken...) the Yankees first round loss, the Knicks (enough said), and this talk about cheating in baseball, it is good to see NYC comeout on top in sports. This is a big sports town it is about time we win something!

Old 02-04-2008, 10:23 AM

570 posts, read 1,820,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Congratulations Giant fans, the Giants thoroughly dominated play and deserved to win!!!! Besides,the Patriots didnt deserve to be unbeaten, they were beat by Baltimore but the refs gave them the game. Also, Belichick, Moss, and Harrison are all jerks and the Patriots CHEAT!!!
I agree 100%. It thought it was soo funny that the Patriots "won" all those games just to go to the superbowl and loose. I would have loved to see what was going on in the Patriots locker room after they left the field. Go Giants!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 01:13 PM

473 posts, read 1,670,601 times
yep - those patriots were talking about "yes we are taking this as another game just like the others" but you know very well they thought it will be slam dunk victory- they have moss, and brady and they have won 18 straight games. if they will get a loss i doubt they thought it will come from the giants of all teams. SURPRISE - NY baby!!!!!!!

New york needed this.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:04 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,365,973 times
I was rooting for G-Men all the way!

Its all over except for the whining (and im sure we'll get enought of that...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City