Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2015, 02:58 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,990,209 times

Advertisements

"In what appeared to be an unplanned announcement, Mr. de Blasio’s police commissioner, William J. Bratton, said after the speech that his department was examining legislation to modify city laws — “if we are able to frame it in a way that the courts don’t overrule” — so that police officers would have more leniency in ejecting homeless people from certain areas of the city.

Mr. Bratton said he wanted to expand an existing regulation that prohibited begging within 10 feet of a bank’s automated teller machine, so that it would apply to any A.T.M. The change would essentially extend the prohibition to many more places in the city."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/18/ny...=top-news&_r=0

Clearly de Blasio is under extreme political pressure and he is starting to authorize Bratton to clear homeless encampments.

Re: the Outreach workers, for the homeless that they find out are not NYC residents at only help they need is a Greyhound ticket back home. Or otherwise just drive them away. Bye Felicia. For those who are NYC residents interventions with social services and mental health with an end game of getting back in the workforce should be instituted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 11:01 PM

4 posts, read 6,717 times
I've been waiting on the "list" that the so called computer Generates for going on two years. I've lost my old apartment due to my income. I'm disabled, and I've been in the shelter system now for over a Year! The shelter conditions are Horrifying. The ceilings Flood from upstairs. They pour into my entire bathroom which is next to my "kitchen"(no fridge). It has thousands of Roaches everywhere. My children and I have gotten bitten multiple times by bed bugs and Mosqiitos that are trapped inside this facility! They have been sick from the conditions here! All the mice and Rodents omg! When we moved in there was Mouse or Rat Crap all over the beds. The sink water is Brown! And I have video! My story is one of many BC im sure that all or most of these facilities are messed up.
I've made complaints to 311 a few times because there is Never any heat or Hot water. My children are forced to shower in the ice Cold water all the time I feel so bad for them. On top of all that ... There was a stabbing on the floor below me Last week... // the list is too long. The moral of the story is Im a "Certified NYCHA Resident" supposedly waiting on a vacancy in the Development that I picked out almost 2 years ago in the Bronx. I probably should of chosen a development in Brooklyn, i need to know what do I do... I'm a single Father and my stress from this is really going to send me to an Assylum after all this is done. I have lost all faith in the Housing system in Ny. My complaints go unheard or covered up. How much of this can a good man take. I fell off my truck at work in 2013, im not asking for any hand outs. I have 2 broken hands, a bruised kidney, torn spinal, etc..
I feel like if I died from my fall on the job, maybe my kids would of had a better life. All I want is my apartment, so I can start taking care of my health. I'm falling apart but trying my very best thru the grace of God to stay strong for my babies.. This is too much tho, all I want is the basic right to live equally. I was Born in America. This is a nightmare. Wow. If u have any positive advice I'd appreciate it. But right now there isn't any light at the end of my tunnel. Until my day comes I'll still be holding on by this string of hope. But until then, it's #manDown

Old 12-21-2015, 11:10 PM

4 posts, read 6,717 times
De blasio is a Liar and A master manipulator. He only cares about his "public image", he talks lies about what he's doing, but what he's really doing is misusing government funds and letting the people at the bottom have to suffer or else they get shut out. This is the truth. He's a Liar
And if he really had good political structure he would of implemented better policy's that would NOT leave Good families Stranded in this Disgusting system for so LONG! THESE Shelters collect a minimum of $3,900 a MONTH which fattens the pockets of shelter owners, and causes plenty of Corruption. He's made so many mistakes and miscalculations, I can mark at least 20 that would get anyone else in deep water. I've seen the most FOUL things in these shelters and this is my first time being homeless EVER! if I make a complaint they transfer me to a WORSE spot. DHS are puppets that get HRA money for a good "act", because all it is... Is ACTING! But since it's all "picture" smiles and politics, I have to deal with this sucker mess they call Legitamate Housing. I am a college educated injured father. I've never did anything wrong. I'm also a So called certified Nycha resident who's waiting on an imaginary list.. What has to happen before we as good American citizens are pushed over the edge. God help us��

Old 12-22-2015, 01:25 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,615,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_inDa_System View Post
I've been waiting on the "list" that the so called computer Generates for going on two years. I've lost my old apartment due to my income. I'm disabled, and I've been in the shelter system now for over a Year! The shelter conditions are Horrifying. The ceilings Flood from upstairs. They pour into my entire bathroom which is next to my "kitchen"(no fridge). It has thousands of Roaches everywhere. My children and I have gotten bitten multiple times by bed bugs and Mosqiitos that are trapped inside this facility! They have been sick from the conditions here! All the mice and Rodents omg! When we moved in there was Mouse or Rat Crap all over the beds. The sink water is Brown! And I have video! My story is one of many BC im sure that all or most of these facilities are messed up.
I've made complaints to 311 a few times because there is Never any heat or Hot water. My children are forced to shower in the ice Cold water all the time I feel so bad for them. On top of all that ... There was a stabbing on the floor below me Last week... // the list is too long. The moral of the story is Im a "Certified NYCHA Resident" supposedly waiting on a vacancy in the Development that I picked out almost 2 years ago in the Bronx. I probably should of chosen a development in Brooklyn, i need to know what do I do... I'm a single Father and my stress from this is really going to send me to an Assylum after all this is done. I have lost all faith in the Housing system in Ny. My complaints go unheard or covered up. How much of this can a good man take. I fell off my truck at work in 2013, im not asking for any hand outs. I have 2 broken hands, a bruised kidney, torn spinal, etc..
I feel like if I died from my fall on the job, maybe my kids would of had a better life. All I want is my apartment, so I can start taking care of my health. I'm falling apart but trying my very best thru the grace of God to stay strong for my babies.. This is too much tho, all I want is the basic right to live equally. I was Born in America. This is a nightmare. Wow. If u have any positive advice I'd appreciate it. But right now there isn't any light at the end of my tunnel. Until my day comes I'll still be holding on by this string of hope. But until then, it's #manDown
I'm very sorry you're going through this extremely difficult time right now. I pray you find housing and I hope your children can look back on this and see how it's made them stronger. You should send your videos to ABC7 or WNBC and try to get a newscrew in there to get attention to the matter.

Old 12-22-2015, 02:50 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,990,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_inDa_System View Post
The bad thing about NYC is that people with disability are thrown in low income housing along with all sorts of criminals and other horrible people. I don't know what your disability income is, but you might consider looking for a place in a smaller time with a cheaper rent that won't have you so segregated in with low lives and people with bad circumstances. And you don't want to risk the lives and safety of your children. If you think you're going to go insane think how they must feel.

Old 12-23-2015, 01:39 PM

25,374 posts, read 37,097,722 times
Clearly de Blasio is under extreme political pressure and he is starting to authorize Bratton to clear homeless encampments.

Perhaps it is Bratton that is doing the pressuring?

Old 12-23-2015, 02:40 PM

320 posts, read 283,395 times
Good, I was thinking about junking my tv anyway and all the reason more to. Im a tax payer god dammit! Homeless people arent my problem!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: