U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 08:36 AM

320 posts, read 255,356 times

Advertisements

I think we should put the peasants to good use. If NY can engineer luxury condos, pretentious coffee shops and egos I think we can improve these beggars lives. Since we really dont care about these subhumans, how about we propose a return to the squeegee man? Human ottomans for oh so tired travellers stuck on their soo inconvenient layover? Majority seem to possess shopping carts, how about adding another start up to the sharing economy ("wow, so innovative!" yes, I know), they can handle your sooo heavy lugagge to your taxi. Although, they dont have phones so this idea cannot be app based and you might have to actually talk to them. So be vigilant and keep your wallet in your front pocket. They're too disorganized to even attempt to unionize, so thankfully there is no $15 an hour debate among them. Most can't even count to 15 and $15 is too much to live here, even really uncomfortable here anyway. Anyone have any other innovative ideas for these human beings?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 08:39 AM

72,037 posts, read 68,084,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
I was hoping that if I ever had to use LaGuardia Airport, that it would look like it did c.1953, with guys in suits with hats, women wearing white gloves, and DC-3's and Constellations at the gates.
Sounds like an idea for a Twilight Zone episode!

Old 12-18-2015, 12:20 PM

1,039 posts, read 979,406 times
They are not homeless if they live at the Airport

Old 12-18-2015, 12:41 PM

12,344 posts, read 24,229,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightfulNYC View Post
They are not homeless if they live at the Airport
So by that token, if I live in a tent under a bridge, I'm not homeless because I live in a tent under a bridge? Interesting logic.

Old 12-18-2015, 12:45 PM

2,602 posts, read 2,972,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Did you buy your shotgun yet because of all the home invasions in East Hills?
I moved to East Hills to escape DeBlasio, but I still need to use LaGuardia.

THANKS DEBLASIO.

Old 12-19-2015, 02:00 AM

544 posts, read 1,447,775 times
Follow-up:

Video shows the homeless residents of New York's LaGuardia airport | Daily Mail Online

(am not sure if it's legal to put a camera in the bathroom, though)

"Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Thursday he is launching a sweeping initiative to combat the persistent problem of homelessness in New York". Let's hope this is not like Obama's speech about fighting ISIS.

Old 12-19-2015, 06:41 AM

10,780 posts, read 10,086,038 times
Head of New York City Department of Homeless Services Steps Down Amid Overhaul | NBC New York

Looks like they are shaking things up over at the DHS. Guess deBlasio needs a fallout man.

Old 12-19-2015, 07:05 AM

412 posts, read 330,275 times
I'm not sure why people are blaming De Blasio. The majority of low income people cannot afford to reside in NYC without housing subsidies. When public housing and subsidies are scarce, homelessness typically increases. This situation would occur under any NYC mayor.

Old 12-19-2015, 08:35 AM

10,780 posts, read 10,086,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
I'm not sure why people are blaming De Blasio. The majority of low income people cannot afford to reside in NYC without housing subsidies. When public housing and subsidies are scarce, homelessness typically increases. This situation would occur under any NYC mayor.
Because he is the mayor. If this happened a few years back we'd be blaming Bloomberg. Prior to that Giuliani. As a mayor you accept accountability of the current situation going on in the city you are overseeing. That is why he is now firing people. He is starting to take action, and is now in search of a new strategy.

Old 12-19-2015, 08:56 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,686,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
So are they walking through East Elmhurst to get there or the bus drivers are letting them get on the bus? Because I know they're not taking Ubers there....thats the million dollar question.
Probably taking the M60 select bus service. They never check for tickets so they can easily get on board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City