Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2016, 03:51 AM

436 posts, read 564,791 times

Advertisements

You took the E train at a good time then. Most of the time it's either delayed or running local. There's a whole other topic about the constant problems with that line.

The J on the other hand is actually very good since it's quick and almost never delayed. It just doesn't run as often as the E and has many stops before hitting lower Manhattan.

And Jamaica may not be far away from Manhattan but it's far enough as far as I'm concerned. Comparing it to uptown Manhattan doesn't work here since they're two very different areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 04:02 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Many people work in Queens and Brooklyn. Ironically in 10 or less years the people disparaging Jamaica won't be able to afford it.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:17 AM

37,119 posts, read 39,337,475 times
What will probably really kick off a boom would be in the years following the completion of the East Side Access project. This means several things--one is that there is a one-seat ride to Grand Central as well as Penn Station. It also means clearing up room at Penn Station so that there can be greater service frequency for LIRR trains heading into and out of the city from and to Jamaica Station in general. Also, by the time the project is done, there will have been a massive change to Downtown Brooklyn which makes a speedy commute there through LIRR will also have become more valuable.

The big issue is if the city can guide development to make the area around Jamaica Station an important job center rather than just a place for people to live and the retail that would entail from that.

Old 03-02-2016, 04:19 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,299,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Many people work in Queens and Brooklyn. Ironically in 10 or less years the people disparaging Jamaica won't be able to afford it.
Went to visit my friend in Bedstuy 2 nights ago for girls night wine and chat. She said it is a weekly constant solicitation from investors looking to purchase. Another fancy neighbor (a doctor) moved in across the street. Her out door chairs are still chained to a post. Now I couldn't afford Bedstuy if I tried. If you told me 12 years ago that Bedstuy now would be what it is I would have reported you to the police for trying to pull a scam on me.

Old 03-02-2016, 05:26 PM

294 posts, read 263,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier Azure View Post
https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...al-termination

Yep. Nevermind the garbage and other issues that continue to plague the neighborhood.
I'm glad the deal got terminated. Traffic is already bad enough in that area. Construction on the Burlington coat factory on The Ave is in progress, which is supposed to open in the Spring of 2017. I rode my bike through the downtown area today and there's a lot of construction going on. The Starbucks on Sutphin Blvd appears to be opening soon and alot of the storefronts in the area that are being fixed up as well. For Sale signs are everywhere on the warehouses/manufacturing sites on the side streets around the hub...Gentrification is in full swing.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:28 AM

436 posts, read 564,791 times
I'm glad that new construction is happening. I just wish the quality of retail wasn't so bad in that area; but that may not change for a long time.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:27 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
Some of ya some gentrification gangstas. That's what this is all about. Screw everyone else.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:01 PM

14,044 posts, read 13,917,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
Some of ya some gentrification gangstas. That's what this is all about. Screw everyone else.
Move them into Midtown Manhattan

Old 03-03-2016, 08:06 PM

306 posts, read 283,452 times
Yes Jamaica is transforming , unless someone is blind for him or her not to see that

Old 03-04-2016, 04:54 PM

86 posts, read 119,666 times
Default queens sucks

Great time to move the terrorists and crackheads out of jamaica and move in the white bred liberals who don't belong in nyc either. What happened to all the regular people in this city? I'm tired of gays, liberals, illegals and crackhead people in this city. When I was growing up, queens was normal and regular.....times have been changing and its not getting any better. It's going from one bad to another bad. Soon all the gays and liberals will be walking around there just like they do in Manhattan (especially the lower east side) and in brooklyn nowadays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City