Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 05:32 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,306,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
We all know Hillary is going to when the West Coast, the Northeast, and much of the Midwest. Trump isn't turning a single blue state red.

Whether she wins depending on whether Ohio,Florida, and Virginia vote Democratic in this election. They lately are purple states (but in the last election they voted for Obama).

There's only a few states in play. Much of the nation is either reliably Democratic or reliable Republican.

Of course lots more Latinos moving to Florida (it is now the third most populous state) was a big part of why Florida voted for Obama twice. And I can tell you now Trump isn't so hot among Latinos.

Notice how the people on this forum singing Trump's praises are mainly white conservative men. I was told by this crowd that Obama would not get reelected. And yet he did get reelected.
Let me guess, you specialized in Latin American studies as well? Which is why you can consider all of us Latinos as Mexican without being considered racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 05:45 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,077 times
Remember Harlem, if Trump wasn't such a threat you wouldn't post in his threads, and for sh*t sure you wouldn't be posting links. It's like you go out of your way to tell everyone how horrible he is and has no chance. Again, if true you wouldn't even care. But, we all know the truth....your nightmares are very real.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:50 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,954,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Remember Harlem, if Trump wasn't such a threat you wouldn't post in his threads, and for sh*t sure you wouldn't be posting links. It's like you go out of your way to tell everyone how horrible he is and has no chance. Again, if true you wouldn't even care. But, we all know the truth....your nightmares are very real.
Oh he does indeed have a very real chance. I think Hillary will win for the reasons I went over, but anyone to flat out dismiss Trump is not dealing with reality.

He certainly COULD win the Presidency. He likely will win the Republican nomination. We'll just have to wait and see.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:51 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,923,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Trump exists as a comedic figure in my landscape, if at all.

Certainly, there is a responsibility to make sure people have the facts. But anyone who thinks it matters overmuch who is elected might be challenged in some respects.

And on the contrary ... it seems to be the other side that has been literally foaming at the mouth. I have been enjoying this and will continue to do so. In fact, I will encourage it at every opportunity for my own amusement.

I even discuss this phenomenon with my students. Congratulations ! You are a virtual statistic.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Let me guess, you specialized in Latin American studies as well? Which is why you can consider all of us Latinos as Mexican without being considered racist.
I had exactly the same thought. Or recollection - one might say.

I am very much opposed to any "studies" pursuits for precisely this reason.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:54 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,954,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Bingo.

I was an exchange student in Paraguay, speak, read, and write Spanish pretty well, and I did a lot of work in Latin American and Latino studies.

I never said all Latinos were Mexican.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:16 PM

320 posts, read 283,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Bingo.

I was an exchange student in Paraguay, speak, read, and write Spanish pretty well, and I did a lot of work in Latin American and Latino studies.

I never said all Latinos were Mexican.
And I say thats pretty cliché, no offense but the exchange student and backpacking across mexico on your parents credit card is pretty outdated. Just sayin' and if your a naive student reading this right now and will fall for my advice, try cartel studies in Juarez mexico. Tell me about your expierence with narco terrorists first hand.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spodi90 View Post
And I say thats pretty cliché, no offense but the exchange student and backpacking across mexico on your parents credit card is pretty outdated. Just sayin' and if your a naive student reading this right now and will fall for my advice, try cartel studies in Juarez mexico. Tell me about your expierence with narco terrorists first hand.
I am very much opposed to "studies" pursuits for this reason.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:40 PM

Second story about Trump:

What Sort of Man Is Donald Trump? - The New Yorker

And another story, could be of interest:

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...d-most-popular

Old 01-04-2016, 07:46 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,077 times
And Harlem's one woman battering ram continues....

Like I said, your worried. Thanks for confirmation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City