Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2016, 09:36 PM
gqa

175 posts, read 152,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
Actually, that's not the real story. Again, the truth of the matter is, black males from many inner city communities are allowed to abuse those whom they consider vulnerable and weaker, without incident. Usually, no one holds black males accountable when they attack, kill and abuse other black people.

If the 5 males were non black, -advocacy groups, well known professors and many members of the "black community," would have surely come out in full force to demand justice. But of course, because the teens (and the adult father), along w/ the victim are black, no one is demanding much of anything. I think many in the mainstream media would prefer to keep the lid on such sordid accounts. I seriously doubt most people are interested in discussing or unraveling what occurs on a regular basis to many impoverished black girls who reside in the crime-ridden inner city communities throughout America.

Sadly, most of the people who reside in the inner city actually believe the police are the #1 enemy, when in truth, it's really many of the males (from the community).

The creator of the below video uses some profanity, but overall, his points are very salient.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T09H5WohzU

What bubble do you live in where black males are never held accountable for crimes against other black people??? I guess all the prisons filled with black males is just a figment of our imagination? Black males, historically, have been arrested at much higher rates than that of their white peers. It sounds like you have an axe to grind that has nothing to do with this story.

Eric Adams and people in the community, were in the news when this story broke, demanding justice immediately but I guess that doesn't fit the narrative you want to believe so it never happened, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 03:52 AM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqa View Post
Eric Adams and people in the community, were in the news when this story broke, demanding justice immediately...
He was blaming the police.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:06 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,644 times
Quote:
What bubble do you live in where black males are never held accountable for crimes against other black people??? I guess all the prisons filled with black males is just a figment of our imagination? Black males, historically, have been arrested at much higher rates than that of their white peers. It sounds like you have an axe to grind that has nothing to do with this story.

Eric Adams and people in the community, were in the news when this story broke, demanding justice immediately but I guess that doesn't fit the narrative you want to believe so it never happened, right?
People like just her make my blood BOIL.

They ignore the fact that the justice system was and still in many ways racist.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:11 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
Actually, that's not the real story. Again, the truth of the matter is, black males from many inner city communities are allowed to abuse those whom they consider vulnerable and weaker, without incident. Usually, no one holds black males accountable when they attack, kill and abuse other black people.

If the 5 males were non black, -advocacy groups, well known professors and many members of the "black community," would have surely come out in full force to demand justice. But of course, because the teens (and the adult father), along w/ the victim are black, no one is demanding much of anything. I think many in the mainstream media would prefer to keep the lid on such sordid accounts. I seriously doubt most people are interested in discussing or unraveling what occurs on a regular basis to many impoverished black girls who reside in the crime-ridden inner city communities throughout America.

Sadly, most of the people who reside in the inner city actually believe the police are the #1 enemy, when in truth, it's really many of the males (from the community).

The creator of the below video uses some profanity, but overall, his points are very salient.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T09H5WohzU
Black men are not allowed to abuse anyone.

Historically, black men were accused of crimes they didn't commit, were placed in jail for crimes they did not commit. That is part of the reason why some, not all believe police are the enemy and are not there to protect them.

This happened over the course of several years and is not s recent phenomenon.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:01 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Black men are not allowed to abuse anyone.

Historically, black men were accused of crimes they didn't commit, were placed in jail for crimes they did not commit. That is part of the reason why some, not all believe police are the enemy and are not there to protect them.

This happened over the course of several years and is not s recent phenomenon.
My sense: That's not what that poster meant. It is a woman question, how the girl has been treated as a woman, and things definitely do go on in neighborhoods that are "dealt with." I am familiar and therefore the comments in the media about people in the neighborhood knowing what was going on resonated.

Things go on in most groups that are "dealt with" and unfortunately many of them represent egregious wrongs against women. It would be a mistake to suggest that there are only problems in low income areas or populations of certain races and I object to the "Oh, is that poster black?" stupidity for that reason. In fact, I would argue strongly against this (likely) assumption. Cases demonstrating the disregard of claims and complaints women make about violence, abuse, sexual abuse and harassment, cut across everything.

Just read a story that they have just discovered sets of incriminating text messages - between the accused ...?
Story was a bit vague.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:46 AM
gqa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
He was blaming the police.
I guess you hear what you want to hear.

He blamed the police only for not alerting the community asap that there were possible gang rapists on the lose. It took 2 days for the the story to get out. The community needs to know these things asap in order to stay safe and assist the police in apprehension of the alleged perps.

I'm sure had this event happened in or around your community and you didn't find out until 2 days later you'd be upset and concerned. But I'm sure in your mind black folk don't have that right!

Old 01-16-2016, 11:55 AM
gqa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
My sense: That's not what that poster meant. It is a woman question, how the girl has been treated as a woman, and things definitely do go on in neighborhoods that are "dealt with." I am familiar and therefore the comments in the media about people in the neighborhood knowing what was going on resonated.

Things go on in most groups that are "dealt with" and unfortunately many of them represent egregious wrongs against women. It would be a mistake to suggest that there are only problems in low income areas or populations of certain races and I object to the "Oh, is that poster black?" stupidity for that reason. In fact, I would argue strongly against this (likely) assumption. Cases demonstrating the disregard of claims and complaints women make about violence, abuse, sexual abuse and harassment, cut across everything.

Just read a story that they have just discovered sets of incriminating text messages - between the accused ...?
Story was a bit vague.
Sorry I disagree with you. She made a very broad statement about black men abusing people and going unpunished. I don't see how you can twist that into a woman question but that's your opinion.

History proves there is one particular group who had use brutal violence, murder, rape, intimidation, illegal and legal laws against other American men, women, and children. And most of them have never been punished even to this day. But this false story somehow eclipses all of that. How nice.

Old 01-16-2016, 03:32 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,091 times
Quote:
Sorry I disagree with you. She made a very broad statement about black men abusing people and going unpunished. I don't see how you can twist that into a woman question but that's your opinion.

It is the case that many men of different races inflict abuse on women and most are not punished.

Any case - story that mentions the text messages between the accused:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2498696

Last edited by Harlem resident; 01-16-2016 at 03:59 PM..

Old 01-16-2016, 04:27 PM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Quote:
I guess you hear what you want to hear.

He blamed the police only for not alerting the community asap that there were possible gang rapists on the lose. It took 2 days for the the story to get out. The community needs to know these things asap in order to stay safe and assist the police in apprehension of the alleged perps.

I'm sure had this event happened in or around your community and you didn't find out until 2 days later you'd be upset and concerned. But I'm sure in your mind black folk don't have that right!
I'm sure only of the fact that you assume a hell of a lot about people, that's certain.

Anyway, when the police don't alert the community in regards to an investigation, it is so as not to compromise the work they are doing. If Eric Adams had ever done real police work in his career, he'd have known that.

Or, racism. Yeah racism. Much easier that way. Yawn.

Old 01-16-2016, 04:54 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,235,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
It is the case that many men of different races inflict abuse on women and most are not punished.

Any case - story that mentions the text messages between the accused:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2498696
I hope they make those texts public
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City