Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2016, 04:48 PM

89 posts, read 278,872 times

Advertisements

If you guys don't mind me asking, how long are the leases that they're giving you? 1 year or two years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 07:10 AM

80 posts, read 107,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy92885 View Post
If you guys don't mind me asking, how long are the leases that they're giving you? 1 year or two years?
Hi Lizzy92885, you can either sign a 1 or 2 year, it's up to you. I signed 2 and now I wish I only signed one. This complex is not what I thought it would be, I'm very disappointed with the way Mgmt handles things. They are trying to get the bldg full because there are a lot of vacancies in 1490, that's the bldg I live in. I was told that 1500 is the worse of the 2 bldgs, so be thankful that they didn't put you in that bldg. 1490 is ok, but there are a lot of people who never lived in a nice place and are already destroying the bldgs. It's sad. If all of your paperwork is in order, you should be called in very soon to sign the lease and get your keys. Good luck!

Old 09-01-2016, 01:33 PM

Been a while and I still haven't heard back from this processing lady. I don't have much hope left of getting this place.

Old 09-02-2016, 02:39 PM

31 posts, read 47,931 times
Quote:
Been a while and I still haven't heard back from this processing lady. I don't have much hope left of getting this place.
Hi Lizzy, I can understand what you are going through. I waited about 3 weeks after I gave in my updated documents. What I suggest is to call and find out what's happening. Calling doesn't hurt and it might easy your anxiety. You just need to have patience because this is a long processs.

Old 09-03-2016, 03:05 PM

I called my processing lady like two weeks ago and she gave me a nasty don't call me, I'll call you type of response.

Old 09-03-2016, 07:48 PM

36 posts, read 54,013 times
Hey ladies & gentlemen, im finally all moved in & the wait was well worth it and after actually going through the process I can say the process varies from person to person

Old 09-08-2016, 06:50 PM

3 posts, read 3,429 times
how is the transportation in this area? any single woman....do you have safe walking around by yourself?

Last edited by fattyfatfat; 09-08-2016 at 07:12 PM..

Old 09-08-2016, 07:13 PM

3 posts, read 3,429 times
congrats! I hope you're enjoying your apartment. does it have a dishwasher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynBEst64 View Post
Hey ladies & gentlemen, im finally all moved in & the wait was well worth it and after actually going through the process I can say the process varies from person to person

Old 09-14-2016, 05:42 PM

Any updates on if there are more people moving into building 1490? It's been about a month now since I heard any news from my processing lady. And I checked my credit report and got two inquiries from "Landlord" at 1 Maiden Lane back in the beginning of June and another hit towards the end of June which is weird cuz they called me in for my second interview with them the first week of August.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:10 AM

80 posts, read 107,903 times
Quote:
Any updates on if there are more people moving into building 1490? It's been about a month now since I heard any news from my processing lady. And I checked my credit report and got two inquiries from "Landlord" at 1 Maiden Lane back in the beginning of June and another hit towards the end of June which is weird cuz they called me in for my second interview with them the first week of August.
Hi Lizzy, they definitely should not have checked your credit 3 times. Those are hard inquiries which coild impact your credit score tremendously. You need to call them immediately and find out why your credit has been checked 3 times. There are still vacant apts in 1490, im just not sure if the unit size. From what you're saying it seems as though they are looking at u as a resident because of the inquiries, however, you need to find out why they ran your credit all those times. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City